John Law

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:41 am

London

Re: Evolution Fleischman Widebody.

Postby John Law » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:42 pm

Thanks Martin, its very close to the firing up and Im sure there will be lots of fettling to do but fingers crossed it should be getting some abuse at Goodwood. We stuck the new rims on today with the newly designed brakes, it was touch and go if the calculations and guestimates would all fit but first indications are good! Think the offsets and sizes are gonna be perfect thank god.
JL Engineering UK, follow us at facebook.com/jlengineeringuk.
twitter- jlengineeringuk
instagram- jlengineeringuk
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Postby stephendell » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:12 am

Think the offsets and sizes are gonna be perfect thank god.

That'll be thanks to the tyre size recommendation then ;-)

Wheels are looking superb...
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
User

si21

Rank

Non Member

Mon May 09, 2005 8:24 pm

S.E London

Postby si21 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:17 am

unfortunately anyone wanting to use such a rear glass may come unstuck competition wise as it actually alters the sillouette of the body shape, the louvres lifting out rather than inwards, not an issue to Tony but may be others ..Dave Miles etc who may be considering sprinting etc may come unstuck especially with class winning power capabilities....a protest is never far away.

Not to take away from the article though... like father like son the Law excellence in prep standards has been passed down. Lovely car and loving those wheels. I hear my Lemans begging me for a set ..a little voice nagging away at me in the background.

Keep up the great work Team Law, cant wait to see what this car will do out on track. Its certainly going to be an interesting day at Goodwood ;-)

si21

Atmo ...slow ..no.not my one ;-)
no avatar
User

MFaulks

Rank

Non Member

Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:25 pm

Postby MFaulks » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:24 pm

Ragnotti Drift wrote:Hey Dave, the water pump was fitted and tested before we took the car apart. Its got some great features with the digital controller. Helps the engine quickly get to operating temperature, does away with the thermostat, it can run for a specified amount of time on shutdown to disperse heat build up and pulses on and off to reduce its draw on the electrical system. Worked really well and frees up a bit of space where the old pump was.

As Stephen would say, that would be thanks to another recommendation :MoreSarc :D ... along with the Accusump for the competition A310 :weed faulksie has got some good ideas init ;)
... A diamond is only a piece of coal that did well under pressure... PRV afflicted, may be I need to squeeze harder!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/maftecfaulks
User

Miles

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:06 am

Hampshire

Postby Miles » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:28 pm

Well as my water pump is as rare as hens teeth maybe this is a route I need to go down. Got to be better than the current situation of water leaking from the pump into the V. (You can't rely on 26 year old spares however new) not Johns fault but it needs sorting. John has given me a spare but not sure if there is any point fitting another aged component.
Might look into this route myself, REALLY not a fan of things that leak. 18 years as an aircraft engineer doing daily flight inspections looking for leaks. I certainly would not sign this as flight ready haha luckily I'm in the AA.
User

mettersl

Rank

Non Member

Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:46 pm

Saffron Walden- North Essex

Postby mettersl » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:41 pm

Dave,
Can't you fit an a610 part. Very similar engines,...they are still available, albeit at a price.
Lee
User

Miles

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:06 am

Hampshire

Postby Miles » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:55 pm

Lee,
My reply is with my bi-turbo thread do not want to hijack John and Tony's pride and joy.
User

John Law

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

London

Postby John Law » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:11 pm

Got a few small jobs done but feeling the pressure to get it running for Goodwood! Modified an off the shelf breather for the pair of -12an fittings from the rocker covers and a -10an from the block. The standard breather is fine for a stock engine but really lacks for anything turning more rpm. Just finishing off the air filter pipework and brackets and then we can fire her up.
twitter- jlengineeringuk
User

andyh877

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:11 am

Alpine France

Postby andyh877 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:21 am

are these next john? 6 tube bling!

User

John Law

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

London

Postby John Law » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:25 pm

Haha, we've reduced our exhaust pipes from 4 pipes to 2! Six is just greedy but makes you go much faster i'm told...

This is definitely a bit of you Andy, I can picture it now- cruising down to the sea front, bit of Spandau ballet pumping out of the Rockford fosgates, pull over, pop the Lambo doors and the girls go wild. Paul Walker eat your heart out.
twitter- jlengineeringuk
User

andyh877

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:11 am

Alpine France

Postby andyh877 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:40 pm

Ragnotti Drift wrote:Haha, we've reduced our exhaust pipes from 4 pipes to 2! Six is just greedy but makes you go much faster i'm told...

This is definitely a bit of you Andy, I can picture it now- cruising down to the sea front, bit of Spandau ballet pumping out of the Rockford fosgates, pull over, pop the Lambo doors and the girls go wild. Paul Walker eat your heart out.

no mate definitely not me.......never ever....its a sad waste of a spider I've seen that car in the flesh when it was orange at a show in Belgium .... :vomit . the owner is astounding how everytime he changes it he makes it look worse frightening! :Mass
User

PaulC1959

Rank

Non Member

Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:56 pm

Bedfordshire

Postby PaulC1959 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:09 pm

andyh877 wrote:
Ragnotti Drift wrote:Haha, we've reduced our exhaust pipes from 4 pipes to 2! Six is just greedy but makes you go much faster i'm told...

no mate definitely not me.......never ever....its a sad waste of a spider I've seen that car in the flesh when it was orange at a show in Belgium .... :vomit . the owner is astounding how everytime he changes it he makes it look worse frightening! :Mass

Mother of God! Jesus, Mary and Joseph and all the saints preserve us! I have just clocked that green interior, that Spider just went from really bad to "Rucking Sh1te" :vomit :axe
Venturi 260 - Saphir (Bleu)
Renault Sport Megane 230 F1 Team R26 - Liquid Yellow
Renault Sport Clio 197 - Ultra Red
Renault Megane Maxim 1.5 DCi - Extreme Blue (Daily Runner)
Minari RS - Coral Red
Smart Roadster Coupe 80 - Spice Red
User

John Law

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

London

Postby John Law » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:27 pm

On a much more tasteful note I have new 60mm Alpine flying A centre cap badges available at £25.00 for a set. Here's some modelled on our very own split rim centres. Oooooooh.

twitter- jlengineeringuk
User

PaulC1959

Rank

Non Member

Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:56 pm

Bedfordshire

Postby PaulC1959 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:20 pm

:up SWEEEEEET!!!
Venturi 260 - Saphir (Bleu)
Renault Sport Megane 230 F1 Team R26 - Liquid Yellow
Renault Sport Clio 197 - Ultra Red
Renault Megane Maxim 1.5 DCi - Extreme Blue (Daily Runner)
Minari RS - Coral Red
Smart Roadster Coupe 80 - Spice Red
PreviousNext

• Advertisement