John Law

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:41 am

London

Re: Evolution Fleischman Widebody.

Postby John Law » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:14 pm

Well as we had missed pretty much every deadline we had previously set for ourselves enough was enough. We decided to book Macon as a deadline and work weekends and evenings to get the car done for the trip.

After countless hours of tying loose ends we finally got to drive the car after 5 years of it being off the road! Alongside the engine mods we had changed the gearbox/diff, brakes, cooling system, shock absorbers and springs, modified tubular wishbones, adjustable camber arms etc so there was potential for problems arise.

We spent in total approximately 12 hours on the rolling road- fine tuning part throttle sites to really smooth out the driveability. We had a couple of issues which meant getting a new coil pack and lighter wastegate spring but apart from that it was ok. Coolant and intake temps held steady even after an hour of full load runs so I was really pleased with that.

The current power at 17psi is 302bhp and 277lb/ft at the flywheel. We are happy with this for now given the engine spec. Cant wait to give it some abuse! Now its just corner weights, tracking and an oil change and we should be set for Macon :Cheer

JL Engineering UK, follow us at facebook.com/jlengineeringuk.
twitter- jlengineeringuk
instagram- jlengineeringuk
User

Tony Smith

Rank

Non Member

Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:50 pm

Kent

Postby Tony Smith » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:45 am

Great to see it all up and running. Nice curves :0). Interesting comparison with Daves car on the same rollers, same power.
Alpines - GTA 3.0 Turbo, GTA 3.0 Inj (Project DD), GTA 6.2 V8 (500 bhp) , R32 Skyline GTR, BMW Alpina B10 635 Highline, Alpina B10 E39 5 Series, Jaguar 4.2 XKR, Laguna 205GT, BMW 120d.
User

darrenbiggs

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:03 pm

Horley - Nr Gatwick

Postby darrenbiggs » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:20 pm

Looking great John. Any pics of the engine bay now it's all together.

Also how did you make up the wider rear grill between the lights? All looks very professional.
I'm just here for the gasoline.
no avatar
User

MFaulks

Rank

Non Member

Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:25 pm

Postby MFaulks » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:45 pm

Last edited by MFaulks on Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
... A diamond is only a piece of coal that did well under pressure... PRV afflicted, may be I need to squeeze harder!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/maftecfaulks
User

PaulC1959

Rank

Non Member

Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:56 pm

Bedfordshire

Postby PaulC1959 » Fri May 01, 2015 8:19 am

I really love that overhead shot in the photos, makes the car look proper ready to get up and at 'em. Great work nice car. :up
Venturi 260 - Saphir (Bleu)
Renault Sport Megane 230 F1 Team R26 - Liquid Yellow
Renault Sport Clio 197 - Ultra Red
Renault Megane Maxim 1.5 DCi - Extreme Blue (Daily Runner)
Minari RS - Coral Red
Smart Roadster Coupe 80 - Spice Red
User

John Law

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:41 am

London

Postby John Law » Sat May 02, 2015 1:03 am

Thanks guys, we're pleased, its a good starting point and glad we can use the car again.

Hey Tony, yea not too bad for now. We had a target of 300 to reach and I didn't want to go all that much more than 1.2 bar on the standard pistons so it worked out about right. We went to 7200rpm of a few pulls but the cams aren't suitable so lowered it to 6500rpm. Something to revisit. It'll be developed over time as I want to try out so new things but I don't want it off the road for a while yet.

By the way the crankcase ventilation/breather works really well. Taken from both rocker covers and the block we have had absolutely no leaks of any kind from the usual problem areas. The dipstick usually gets blown out of is tube at high rpm/load on standard setups but ours hasn't moved. Pretty confident that this breather setup is a winner :up

The rear of the car was my dads work. To the purists horror he cut the brand new A610 lights up and shortened them. The grill was made from two A610 grills that were drilled and dowelled then bonded together. Its a real neat job and looks like its a one piece moulding, I haven't got the patience for that! We've got a carbon diffuser to fit but doubt we'll get that sorted before Macon.

Hey Martin, thanks for all the help- it seems like so long ago we were at your place inspecting the block... Oh wait that's because it was! We are using a bosch coilpack and running wasted spark. Its worth it just to get rid of the dizzy and issues that go with that. Are we gonna see you at Macon, I hope so its been ages.

A few other pics I've found, think there are more on my facebook and instagram.
JL Engineering UK, follow us at facebook.com/jlengineeringuk.
twitter- jlengineeringuk
instagram- jlengineeringuk
User

Tony Smith

Rank

Non Member

Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:50 pm

Kent

Postby Tony Smith » Sat May 02, 2015 9:54 am

Great pics John, can't wait to see it in the flesh. Be in for that breather kit sometime over the summer too :0).
Alpines - GTA 3.0 Turbo, GTA 3.0 Inj (Project DD), GTA 6.2 V8 (500 bhp) , R32 Skyline GTR, BMW Alpina B10 635 Highline, Alpina B10 E39 5 Series, Jaguar 4.2 XKR, Laguna 205GT, BMW 120d.
no avatar
User

MFaulks

Rank

Non Member

Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:25 pm

Postby MFaulks » Sat May 02, 2015 6:54 pm

PaulC1959 wrote:
andyh877 wrote:
Ragnotti Drift wrote:Haha, we've reduced our exhaust pipes from 4 pipes to 2! Six is just greedy but makes you go much faster i'm told...

This is definitely a bit of you Andy, I can picture it now- cruising down to the sea front, bit of Spandau ballet pumping out of the Rockford fosgates, pull over, pop the Lambo doors and the girls go wild. Paul Walker eat your heart out.

no mate definitely not me.......never ever....its a sad waste of a spider I've seen that car in the flesh when it was orange at a show in Belgium .... :vomit . the owner is astounding how everytime he changes it he makes it look worse frightening! :Mass

Mother of God! Jesus, Mary and Joseph and all the saints preserve us! I have just clocked that green interior, that Spider just went from really bad to "Rucking Sh1te" :vomit :axe

... only just seen this, sad thing is I actually quite like it!! laugh.. :-)

Martin
... A diamond is only a piece of coal that did well under pressure... PRV afflicted, may be I need to squeeze harder!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/maftecfaulks
User

BIG_MVS

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:12 am

Sandbach

Postby BIG_MVS » Sun May 03, 2015 8:38 pm

Wowsers that looks good. Fair play I take it all back, that now looks proper! Well done to both of you for all the effort. :up

I'm going to try and make prescot on the Saturday to have a butchers.
1994 A610 - Montana Red (For Sale)
User

mellowyellowa610

Rank

Non Member

Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:02 pm

Chester, Cheshire

Postby mellowyellowa610 » Mon May 25, 2015 7:40 pm

Absolutely loved this. Quality engineering and a really unique GTA. I could of stared into that engine bay all day :super :super :super :super
Previous

• Advertisement