no avatar
User

dallarax19

Rank

Non Member

Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:44 am

Need 310 suspension mount help

Postby dallarax19 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:45 am

I have disassembled my rear suspension and overall it looks good except the right rear lower control are mount:

As the photos show the front attachment nut plate has fatigued and fractured. It looks like it has been that way for some time based on the corrosion along the fracture line. The design looks a bit frail for me but it seems to have worked on many race cars.

My question is what have people done to improve the design of the part? Have many of you found the same problem? It isn't as simple as welding on a thicker plate because the control arm would toe out. I thought about welding on some small gussets but there isn't much length to weld along. I would appreciate your help.
User

andyh877

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:11 am

Alpine France

Re: Need 310 suspension mount help

Postby andyh877 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:14 am

join the club buddy..... we are here to help..... with only a handful of A310s in uk I don't think you will receive many replies, answers can be found via the French connection.
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:41 am

I've had some made with thicker plate for the RATS' Racer .I have seen them fail on a GTA ,luckily the guy was just backing it out the garage,the wheel went into the arch .......
As long as you maintain the dimension from mount face to bush center then no problem with tow .There is plenty enough clearance,on GTA version ,from inner face to bush main od .6mm plate .
User

andyh877

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:11 am

Alpine France

Postby andyh877 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:32 am

clee wrote:I've had some made with thicker plate for the RATS' Racer .I have seen them fail on a GTA ,luckily the guy was just backing it out the garage,the wheel went into the arch .......
As long as you maintain the dimension from mount face to bush center then no problem with tow .There is plenty enough clearance,on GTA version ,from inner face to bush main od .6mm plate .

hi ho hi ho..... off to heanor you go.....
User

johnb

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:57 pm

Cheshire

Postby johnb » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:07 am

As an A310 owner the only comment I can add is that my Phase 1 differs from the Dallarax Phase 2 car. On my car the brackets are welded directly to the chassis rails, not bolted as on the Phase 2 car. Toe in/out is set by an adjustable link attached between the top wishbone chassis bolt and the rear hub.
The photos are maybe too small but the first photo shows the two brackets welded to the chassis. The other photo shows the toe in/out link (with the rubber cover over the outer end ball joint).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User

johnb

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:57 pm

Cheshire

Postby johnb » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:09 am

johnb wrote:The photos are maybe too small

If you click on the photo it opens a larger image.
no avatar
User

dallarax19

Rank

Non Member

Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:44 am

Postby dallarax19 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:27 am

Thanks for the reply! The French guys recommended an R5 Turbo part
http://3sdeveloppement.com/triangles/18 ... paire.html
It still seems fragile for my liking. The alternative is to relocate the rear pickup hole outboard and build a thicker front bracket. Or change the rear triangle http://3sdeveloppement.com/triangles/14 ... paire.html
also recommended by the French guys. I have a bit of time to contemplate the options.

• Advertisement