Alpineandy

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:37 am

North Essex

Re: E200JVV GTA TURBO Resto

Postby Alpineandy » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:40 am

I haven't checked for a few years but it was cheaper to buy oil there.
In the super markets, just along from the beer and wine :up
Alpine A110, Renault Safrane 2.5dt, Hudson Kindred Spirit (Renault powered), transAlp (Honda) and Ducati Multistrada
User

turbell

Rank

Non Member

Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:13 am

Postby turbell » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:28 pm

Little bits and bats finishing off.............Clee had kindly donated some graphics for the bumper, a genuine Renault ' GTA V6 Turbo' and another set of replica graphics that were all over the shank.... so I had the OE one copied. I still need the 'Alpine' one, the replica is not bad so I may see if the signwriter can tweak it a bit.

Measured the bumper and marked it out, warmed up the decal and on it went............

Same with the rest of it....well chuffed, its on file so I can buy if anyone is in need.......bargain, bargain much cheapness.....
Even put the little RS badge back on.

Rubbed the crappy Renault paint off my NOS front wishbones as I was flushed with success and enamelled them, and then into the oven for a ten minutes and gas the kids with fumes.........

There's salt down now so doubt I'll be venturing out, so may start pulling the front end apart, no surprises as I have been in before, just suspenders aren't up to the standard of the rear.
Better a penniless free man, than a rich prisoner
User

miles thomas

Rank

Non Member

Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:38 pm

west sussex

Postby miles thomas » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:32 pm

Very nice i love a good decal :up
Spider,Clio Tce,C4 Cactus, 1967 DS.
no avatar
User

Dave Williams

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:43 pm

Surrey

Postby Dave Williams » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:08 pm

Good stuff...I need the "Alpine" part too..if you get a set count me in....(the OE set from Lee was probably the set I bought from Mr Dell..when Lee fixed my rear bumper)...but as I could not get the "Alpine" part I decided not to stick anything on at the time...but its on my list...not sure the OE one will still stick..so might need the "GTA V6 Turbo" too..(I was weighing up a full respray...but that might be a while..or never)..so I think I should put the decals on...

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
User

turbell

Rank

Non Member

Postby turbell » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:31 pm

Tax ran out this month, so I thought I'd sorn it for month or so and get a few jobs that really need doing............erm done.
1. The wipers are pants, sooooo sloooow, worse the longer they haven't been used.
2. Heater blower, only works on pos 3 and after a couple of minutes sounds like its chewing a crow.
3. Front suspension refresh.......although this might not happen......pends on how I'm feeling, I only have new arms for one side, so it looks like the other will be blasted and re-bushed.
So, scuttle trim off and the two 32mm plastic cover nuts off revealed this poop.............

Heater blower unit removed and then with a bit of a waggle the whole wiper unit came free...........

The two ally bushes bolt to the assembly with m4 bolts and under that rust in the first pic there is a circlip and a couple of washers, then an O ring, the drivers side was completely seized, I haven't a Scooby Doo how it worked 'cos it took some knocking out.
I cleaned both the spindles and the ally bushes out with a scotch pad and then greased and reassembled, then noticed the motor was dribbling rusty water out........like I say how they worked ??!!! The motor is the lowest point of all the assembly so if any water leaks through that's where it ends.............no seal on the motor, I've cleaned it out and will seal it with silicon when it has air dried overnight.
Next job have a butchers at heater blower, found the resistor in the ducting so that will need replacing, spinning the motor and it sound like dry bearings, but you can't get to the inner to lube it so I thought nothing ventured, nothing gained and got medieval on its ass and tried to strip the fan off....................don't bother in half an hour flat it was Donald Ducked, but out of interest on the plastic body it appears to have the VW and Audi signage, a bit of googling and it doesn't look like Golf...........similar but not the same? There's some numbers so I'll have a trawl at them? Any ideas?
So I'll be alright in the rain now, but the cold and I'm screwed, :Butt
User

JohnC

Rank

Non Member

Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:19 pm

Jersey C.I.

Postby JohnC » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:40 pm

turbell wrote:.......... spinning the motor and it sound like dry bearings, but you can't get to the inner to lube it so I thought nothing ventured, nothing gained and got medieval on its ass and tried to strip the fan off.............

A bit late for this time,......... but next time......... a different fan but the same principle applies. ;)

1990 GTA Atmo, 2003 Jaguar X type 2.5SE Auto, 2018 Kia Picanto GT-Line-S 1.25
User

turbell

Rank

Non Member

Postby turbell » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:08 am

Aye John,.......think I was a little hasty with the knocking stick, I usually use bike chainlube as that seems to last longer than oil, we had a Clio RSi with an aux belt pulley on its way out, but I could shut it up for months with some Silkolene chain lube.

How ever in this case Google/Ebay is my friend..................... :angel .........I think........I hope...............Ich vertraue auf das Vaterland.
User

turbell

Rank

Non Member

Postby turbell » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:44 pm

Praise be to Google and Ebay............£45 and all brand spanking......... :angel

Front lower arm bushes are putting up a fight, luckily I have forearms used to doing lots of repetitive motions................................ yes hacksawing. :axe

User

turbell

Rank

Non Member

Postby turbell » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:06 pm

A little time prepping stuff for the front suspender rebuild for when it happens, bushes out and balljoint drilled off.

Even though I had it blasted I wanted it clean-clean, and there was rust hiding where the old bushes had been, so into the bath for you dirty boy and a little electrolysis........

Then some Bilt Hamber brushed into the pits, after having a reet fight getting the new bushes in and making sure they were at the right depth, may seem a bit extreme, and I wouldn't normally go this far but as the other side was spanking I wanted this side to be as near as damn it the same.

Finally etch primed and enamelled and into the oven to bake it off and then a new balljoint, new arm on the left full refurb on the right, don't expect this level of fecking about on any others, it took hours to get the old bushes out and then new ones in!

Need to do a top one and then it'll be ready for the big swap over and get the geo set up.
User

BIG_MVS

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:12 am

Sandbach

Postby BIG_MVS » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:53 pm

Nice work Ryan. I take it only one side is available new still?

Dare I ask how your front cross member is?
1994 A610 - Montana Red (For Sale)
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:02 pm

One side available ...other pops up now and then but very scarce ...even then the paint on them is flaking off .....quality Renault protection
Top work fella .I have a pile of them out the back I'd like you to quote on :wave
User

turbell

Rank

Non Member

Postby turbell » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:16 pm

I just stumbled on a new upper in a job lot I bought and the a lower was embarrassingly cheap from France, so cheap in fact it worked out cheaper than the bushes and BJ I got very cheap by cross ref'ing part no.s
I think both are available, only the lowers are sided, but one is double the price of the other I think. Simon auto lists both lowers and the upper.
As for front cross member, page one.....been there done that, although as it now turns out mine was one of the better ones as it hadn't extended into the top section, surface rust yes, but believe me it had a proper going over and was all sound. I wouldn't have left the top on if there was any doubt.
Not having lift access though I had to do it from the front, and my union still winces at the thought.Image

Sold some Gordini bits to an ex A610 HCK owner the other night who knew you, Big M, from 21T days. Small world init !
:RATS
Usual prices.......bowl of gruel and five minutes peeping outa window at the 'scenery'..............
User

BIG_MVS

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:12 am

Sandbach

Postby BIG_MVS » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:54 pm

That would be Mr Titterington. Yes known John a good few years. I'm glad he's still going in a similar ilk to me keeping these old Renners on the road.

Sorry I had forgotten you had been through that cross member pain already, There have been so many recently!

Ooh I see you have found an alternative to the heater blower? Which Vee Dub is it from? Is it a straight forward fit?
1994 A610 - Montana Red (For Sale)
User

turbell

Rank

Non Member

Postby turbell » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:53 pm

To answer the last three questions................
1. Yes :sarcasm
2. It also fits an Audi :MoreSarc
3. Yes :Butt
Simon Auto will relieve you of about 250 euro.
no avatar
User

Alpineandy

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:37 am

North Essex

Postby Alpineandy » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:19 pm

I has to re-read a bit of your comment as first go looked like:
turbell wrote:BJ I got very cheap by cross dressing..............

LOL
Alpine A110, Renault Safrane 2.5dt, Hudson Kindred Spirit (Renault powered), transAlp (Honda) and Ducati Multistrada
PreviousNext

• Advertisement