paulrob100

Rank

Non Member

Sat May 02, 2015 9:20 pm

Nottingham

Electronic door lock

Postby paulrob100 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:05 pm

Hi guys.

when I got my GTA there was a problem with the drivers door lock. The key would not turn in the lock, locking the passenger door with the key, locked that door but not the drivers one. Pressing the lock button on the dash had the same effect, locking the passenger door but not the drivers. The plip doesn't work either, so I couldn't lock the car. The plip issue can be looked at later but I want to get to the bottom of the drivers door first.

At first I thought that the lock had been changed as the key would not turn. However using the old method of spraying WD40 onto the key & putting it in the lock several times, has freed it off. The lock now turns HOWEVER it only locks the passenger door. :crazy

Do the locks have separate relays? and where has Renault decided to hide them ? Could it be a seized actuator ?or does anyone have any ideas please.

Thanks Paul
La Plastique Fantastique :GTA
User

jonc

Rank

Non Member

Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:08 am

Oxfordshire

Re: Electronic door lock

Postby jonc » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:56 am

Hi Paul,

The doors do have separate relays etc.
However, if the key is turning in the lock, the door should unlock - mechanically - even without power / central locking. It will feel different to when the central locking is working but it should still lock / unlock the driver door if the key turns in the driver’s door lock.

Jon
User

paulrob100

Rank

Non Member

Sat May 02, 2015 9:20 pm

Nottingham

Postby paulrob100 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:13 pm

Thanks Jon

I know it seems really weird. Turn the key in the drivers side lock & it locks the passenger door, but the drivers door still opens. I think there must be something broken in the lock.

Paul
La Plastique Fantastique :GTA
User

jonc

Rank

Non Member

Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:08 am

Oxfordshire

Postby jonc » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:33 pm

Does sound like it

• Advertisement