User

paulrob100

Rank

Non Member

Sat May 02, 2015 9:20 pm

Nottingham

Rear interior trim

Postby paulrob100 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:59 pm

My GTA is due for an MOT next month, so I am starting to do a few checks. One of the things I am concerned about is that the drivers seatbelt does not retract very well. it does work so I want to get to the reel to see if I can do anything with it.

I will need to remove the rear interior trim panel. I see that there is a screw right at the back of it, on the header rail but where are the other fastenings ? Presumably I need to remove the rear seat first. Mine is the non folding type.

Thanks, Paul
La Plastique Fantastique :GTA
User

BIG_MVS

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:12 am

Sandbach

Re: Rear interior trim

Postby BIG_MVS » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:01 pm

You will need to remove the top trim panel which is above the rear window (between engine and cabin) and ECU. Then the upper drivers side rear trim. This will reveal more screws to remove the lower trim. You may have to remove the lower rear seat which is two inner screws (hex) and two 10 mil nuts on the leading edge.

This will not remove the trim fully as the rear seat belt will hold that in place but there should be enough slack to get in at the drivers sear belt mounting and reel..

Have you done the headlining or has it been done? It may come loose or down when you start to disturb things...
1994 A610 - Montana Red (For Sale)
User

paulrob100

Rank

Non Member

Sat May 02, 2015 9:20 pm

Nottingham

Re: Rear interior trim

Postby paulrob100 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:59 pm

Thanks for the advice

I will get to it this weekend. The headlining looks to be in good condition, so it might have been done at some point. Fingers crossed. I have done one on an old 911 & it was a nightmare.

Paul
La Plastique Fantastique :GTA

• Advertisement