Moderators: eastlmark, BIG_MVS, Test Moderator

User

SwagSupercarsDad

Rank

Non Member

Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:36 pm

Re: Spider R787AOW

Postby SwagSupercarsDad » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:01 am

eastlmark wrote:have received my engine cover strut from David in super fast time! (by RAOC standards that is). Will post up when I get a chance to fit it- busy month September.

Me too. Thanks, David. Was hoping to have fitted it over the weekend, but sadly no time. Will do it asap and also post a picture or two.
... with a Little ::Y ::E ::L ::L ::O ::W
::S ::P ::I ::D ::E ::R - and that was nice! :D
User

davidmt

Rank

Non Member

Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:59 pm

Postby davidmt » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:17 pm

Nothing exciting but it's a fibreglass car and I always intended to fit a fuel inertia switch. So found a nice yellow one to match and finally fitted it this weekend.

IMG_5294.JPG

Cuts out the fuel pump fuse if needed. Also has a buzzer so I know if and when the switch has tripped - hopefully should be fine on the UK roads but if not I will add an override switch so it can still be used on track etc.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:50 pm

East London

Postby eastlmark » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:25 pm

Fitted my engine cover strut today David. no issues and works fine. A bit tentative to close it the first time as I thought it had jammed but fine once you get used to it. Will no doubt show off mine and Ians at Origine RS and you may get some more orders.
never thought I would want a list but now find myself needing one just to remind me: Clio V6 230, 5 gt turbo, 5 Gordini turbo, Megane RS 300 Trophy.
User

davidmt

Rank

Non Member

Postby davidmt » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:11 pm

Glad the struts all arrived safely and fitted well. If anyone wants the details or a kit then please PM me.

Today I finally received my headrests. I designed these some time since and they effectively push over the Sparco seat (I had something similar on my Noble M400). They allow your head to fit closer against the seat when not wearing a helmet.

The headrests would probably be secure enough being pushed over the seats but we added a couple of velcro straps which neatly go through the harness strap holes and back underneath the pad at the rear.

Now I have a much more comfortable seating position and they can obviously be removed if you are wearing a helmet :-).

Door cards next.

IMG_5305.JPG

IMG_5306.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:50 pm

East London

Postby eastlmark » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:03 am

Just a thought about the strut David, assume it can cope with the heat of an engine bay on a spider? Did smell a slight "new paint" sort of burning smell on arriving home on Saturday. Although no sign of anything at all on the strut itself, and it wasn't that hot to touch, but was thinking about whatever is inside (air? oil?) and its temperature rating.
never thought I would want a list but now find myself needing one just to remind me: Clio V6 230, 5 gt turbo, 5 Gordini turbo, Megane RS 300 Trophy.
User

davidmt

Rank

Non Member

Postby davidmt » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:53 pm

Stereo install started - gone for a complete hidden bluetooth system so no dash controls. Just pair your phone or plug direct in to a connector in the passenger seat area.

IMG_5407.JPG

Speakers will be in the footwell, tweeters in the doors and may even add a couple more coaxial speakers behind the seats.

Holes cut - lesson learnt - buy proper metal cutters!

IMG_5410.JPG

Next the small holes in the doors for the tweeters, bit of Dynamat around and behind the speaker holes and the on/off switch for the amp then wire up including the AUX input locations - will probably add one to either side of the car. Hopefully will finish this weekend and then decide if I need rear speakers as well.

Now with speakers in the footwell and tweeter in the doors.

IMG_5428.JPG

And the tweeters:

IMG_5427.JPG

Have since added a stereo switch and just need to connect the front speakers to the AMP before deciding whether to add rear speaers.
User

davidmt

Rank

Non Member

Postby davidmt » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:07 pm

Now all finished - well front speakers and tweeters. Not sure rear speakers are required but I am sure I will add some when I want to play again.

Amp all wired up.

IMG_5463.JPG

And covers attached.

IMG_5464.JPG

Even added an illuminated switch so I can listen without the ignition on or just switch off.

IMG_5465.JPG

Works and sounds great - just pair a Bluetooth device and you are sorted although I have added a stereo input under the dash for anyone with old technology :o .
User

davidmt

Rank

Non Member

Postby davidmt » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:24 pm

Had a busy year so not done too much with the cars. However managed to source an Elia spoiler from Germany. Only needed a couple of new bolts to replace a couple of rusty one and a clean up - still needs a polish as does the car.

Quite easy to fit - I managed to get the original German instructions from Elia but common sense once you read them.

Anyway here are a couple of the final product. Originally the bolts protruded from the heat shield which I didn't like to I cut them down and put some grommets in - hope they withstand the heat.

Fortunately it is very light and the gas strut still holds the cover open.

IMG_6536.JPG

IMG_6537.JPG

IMG_6538.JPG

IMG_6535.JPG

Still not sure about the "Powered by Elia" decals but they are just stuck on so I may remove them.
User

davidmt

Rank

Non Member

Postby davidmt » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:27 am

Got a bit warmer in the garage this weekend so fitted and wired in some LED headlamps. Make a huge difference and pleased with the look too.

They did take some fettling to get them in and aligned but wanted to ensure that they fitted in the existing holders and were completely reversible.

Finished.JPG

Now powered up.

DRL.JPG

And some proper headlights!

Main.JPG
User

davidmt

Rank

Non Member

Postby davidmt » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:17 pm

Not posted for a while but I guarantee the next one will be a big one :up
User

davidmt

Rank

Non Member

Postby davidmt » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:36 pm

Long time since I posted so will just leave this one here :D .

WhatsApp Image 2020-03-31 at 16.56.34.jpeg
Long time no posts so will just leave this one here :D .
Previous

• Advertisement