User

Øyvind

Rank

Non Member

Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:04 am

Norway

A310 sports suspension set

Postby Øyvind » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:21 pm

My A310 didn't pass the first-time registration at the Norwegian Public Roads Administration last week, mainly because of no sports suspension certification.

If I'm considering changing the whole thing, who to turn to in England? Simon has complete sets, but has so far not confirmed these are Tüv-approved.

I will try to limit my gratitude this time, not to put someone in embarrassment.

Øyvind
no avatar
User

BobFromNorway

Rank

Non Member

Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:15 pm

Re: A310 sports suspension set

Postby BobFromNorway » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:25 am

I had an absolute nightmare trying to register the GTA.

Vegvesen could not have been less helpful.
I don't know about the A310, but none of the manufacturers who make the GTA ones offer the correct TUV certification.
SPAX and GAZ both have TUV approval as companies, but don't offer the certification on the individual items.

Apparently vegvesen needed to see corner weights, ride heights, spring rates etc, which it was impossible to provide.
Not to mention a complete alignment report from whoever had fitted it, detailing if the kit had made any difference to factory settings.
I spent 2000 NOK getting a report done for them, then they refused to accept the TUV papers GAZ had given me. :axe

Eventually I gave up.
I bought a set of standard shocks and springs and fitted them for the first approval then put the GAZ back on after I got home, I guess unless I can find a friendly tester, I'll need to put the originals back on for the EU kontroll too.
When I presented it again after refitting the originals I had to spend another 2000 to get the alignment adjusted and certified again.... :crazy

They also got hung up on the tyres being different sizes and asked for manufacturer verification that it was like that from the factory.
They wouldn't accept the dealer brochure, nor the data sheet from the club, and even when I went to the Renault dealer and got a signed stamped letter saying they should be like that, I had to fight as they weren't going to accept it, because it was Renault, not Alpine

It will be nice if they pass this motion to only test old cars every 5 years, then it will be possible to get away with more.

With the power of Amcar, it's SO much easier to bring an American car in, Vegvesen seem to be scared of them.
The Renault/ Alpine club in Norway were not much help either
1987 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 V6 Twin Turbo
1993 Alfa Romeo 155 V6
1987 Honda VFR 750F
2001 Audi A6 2.5 Allroad daily driver
no avatar
User

Øyvind

Rank

Non Member

Norway

Postby Øyvind » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:32 am

That sounds like No(r)way, alright: A lots of tunnels, but no lights...

Informative summary and important experiences, thanks. I'll keep you informed.

Øyvind
User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:33 pm

Fleet, Hampshire

Postby simontaylor » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:08 am

Stephen Dell, or some others, "might" have contacts at Renault or Dieppe who could provide such "confirmation" of technical aspects for you, for next time.
1986 : '86 GTA v6 BW-EFR turbo, with Adaptronic ECU
Firsts at
2007 : Gurston Down & RAOC Champion
2008 : Rushmoor & Eelmoor & ACSMC Hillclimb class Champion
2009 : Longcross & Eelmoor
2010 : Crystal Palace & Eelmoor
2016 : Rushmoor & 5th O/A
User

johnb

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:57 pm

Cheshire

Postby johnb » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:35 am

Øyvind wrote:My A310 didn't pass the first-time registration at the Norwegian Public Roads Administration last week, mainly because of no sports suspension certification.

If I'm considering changing the whole thing, who to turn to in England? Simon has complete sets, but has so far not confirmed these are Tüv-approved.

Afraid I can't help regarding this particular issue, fortunately it's not as complicated here.

Renault Classic offer a service where they can provide a Certificate of Authenticity for your vehicle for a fee of 50 Euro. If you scroll down towards the bottom of the page on this link, you'll see the link to the application form.

https://en.renaultclassic.com/tools-and-services/

The certificate itself lists the car make as Alpine, model number, serial number, fabrication number, motor type, motor number, gearbox type, gearbox number, car paint colour, tyre sizes, administrative horsepower, number of seats, options such as trim colour, lock numbers and date the car left the factory.

The document is on Renault S.A.S. paperwork but does mention 'Alpine'.

Just thought I'd mention it. May or may not be of any help to you.

Øyvind wrote:I will try to limit my gratitude this time, not to put someone in embarrassment.
Øyvind

Ha, Ha. :D :D
1970 A110V85 and 1980 A310V6.
no avatar
User

Øyvind

Rank

Non Member

Norway

Postby Øyvind » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:35 pm

Thank you for your effort, Bob, Simon and John. Still a little perplexed what to do. They have requested certificates that apparently does not exist. Kafka must have felt this way perhaps, but unlike him, I have an Alpine, so I can not complain, can I?

• Advertisement