BIG_MVS

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:12 am

Sandbach

Re: F 923 PPG

Postby BIG_MVS » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:47 am

My A610 has an agreed value of £25k. Still only costs the same £160 a year fully comp that it did last year when I had no agreed value...

Murf get it insured for £15k mate, just show them the only comparable car on the market currently which is the Red Turbo in northern Ireland at £14,995. That's what you would have to fork out to get a replacement if the worst happened. £6k is nowhere near enough.
1994 A610 - Montana Red (For Sale)
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:40 pm

simontaylor wrote:The more it is valued at, the more it will cost to insure.
Part of the decision is "what is it worth to you" and balance that with the current sales prices.

You got agreed £5k on the fezza then ?
User

darrenbiggs

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:03 pm

Horley - Nr Gatwick

Postby darrenbiggs » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:50 am

I've just done the same with Classicline. Last time the agreed value was set (sometime back) I had it at 8k.

Had a chat with the lady and she said under 20K it wouldn't make any difference to the insurance costs. I said put it down for something like 14 or 15k and she said 'fine we'll go for 15'

I need to fill in the form and send off the pictures, but she thought that was entirely reasonable so I'm not expecting any issues.

175 quid for 5000 mile limited mileage. The agreed value costs 10 or 20 quid extra to process but lasts for two years.
I'm just here for the gasoline.
no avatar
User

murf

Rank

Non Member

Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:23 pm

Suffolk= between Diss, Thetford and Bury St Edmunds.

Postby murf » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:42 pm

Many thanks to everyone for the comments. I've been in touch with the broker who in turn spoke to their underwriters and I've been asked to send them up to date pictures which I emailed this afternoon. Subject to them ok'ing the value at 15k from the pics it looks as though I've got to cough up an additional £60.00 on top of the original premium of £225-20 which seems reasonable compared to my Audi which goes up by 20% per annum in spite of no claims.
I won't hear anything now until next week but am hopeful they will agree.

Murf.
Previous

• Advertisement