User

gchristofi

Rank

Non Member

Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:50 am

Cambridgeshire

Tucked up for winter

Postby gchristofi » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:45 pm

Haven't posted here for far too long, although I am still a regular lurker. I've only managed a few hundred miles in the GTA this year which is rather a shame. It felt a little wrong neglecting her on the driveway after all the good work that was completed at RATS.

Happy to report I've finally secured an extra garage space so she's now out of the elements waiting for spring time and possibly further cosmetic improvements to bring that in line with mechanical and chassis condition. I was considering selling but now with garage space this doesn't seem a priority ;-)

There are 10 types of people in this world; those that understand binary and those that don't.
User

BIG_MVS

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:12 am

Sandbach

Re: Tucked up for winter

Postby BIG_MVS » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:50 am

Always reminds me of Andrew when I see your car. He loved those Fagix wheels.

Glad it's in good hands and has a nice warm garage for winter. Hope to see you and the car next year maybe. :up
1994 A610 - Montana Red (For Sale)
no avatar
User

gchristofi

Rank

Non Member

Cambridgeshire

Postby gchristofi » Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:35 am

Holy cow (and holy thread resurrection!), those 6+ years have passed by so quickly. Every season since I've planned to get her out of the garage and give her a good run but then other projects (fun and not so) have taken priority. This year is the year she comes out into the light again. Hoping all the good work that was put in just prior to going into dry garage has not been harmed. Optimistically, new battery, pump up tyres, flush coolant, change fuel and she'll be good to go right?

Also been nearly as long since I was on this forum. Where has everyone gone??
There are 10 types of people in this world; those that understand binary and those that don't.
User

mettersl

Rank

Non Member

Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:46 pm

Saffron Walden- North Essex

Postby mettersl » Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:18 pm

Aha...another GTA/610 in the Cambridgeshire area....
My610 is in a similar situation...I did MOT it in 2022 but it developed and oil leak when it was taken for tits 2023 MOT and it needs to come out in March/April to be fixed, finished and used.
It came back from RATS in March 2020 and went into store as Covid hit but in 2022, started up as if nothing had happened (aside of an oil leak...I'm hoping that I know what's wrong now and that the current leak is the same thing).
Hope to see you around...I'm on the Essex/Cambs border.
Lee
no avatar
User

gchristofi

Rank

Non Member

Cambridgeshire

Postby gchristofi » Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:24 am

Hi Lee.. I was wondering how you were getting on as I know we're in the same region. Hope the oil leak is nothing too serious? I'm going to start getting my GTA ready to see the road in the next couple of weeks as time permits. I'll post back here with any progress. Let me know how you get on with yours too.
Greg
User

mettersl

Rank

Non Member

Postby mettersl » Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:33 pm

Hi Greg,
I'm promising myself I will get the 610 out in early April...I'm sure the oil leak is the "new" A610 remote oil pipes (again)..so I'm sure it will be fine. Younger son has a local supplier who will remake them (again) if it comes to that.
Then its getting the interior back in properly (new head lining and windows overhaul) and no doubt some more debugging too. I'm sure it will have some extra surprises for me too. It was fine mechanically 15 months ago...
Would be good to meet up locally too when you have yours done. Hope it all goes well.
Cheers
Lee
no avatar
User

gchristofi

Rank

Non Member

Cambridgeshire

Postby gchristofi » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:42 pm

So she's MOT'd, driving well after a few teething issues that are not surprising after such a long rest. New tyres all around, new rear wheel bearings (driving better then ever in my custodianship). Now just working on getting some use out of her... even the electric door handle and half the remote central locking is working!

Speedo hasn't chosen to come back to life as yet. Cleaned the connections under the air filter but have a suspicion I need to remove the binnacle and look at connections behind clocks. Only other small issue is that I noticed a small drip of coolant behind the turbo which haven't identified exact source yet. Doesn't appear to be from the turbo cooling lines so maybe I have a small leak in coolant tubes under turbo? That will be a pain to get to..... still regret not changing all the hoses whilst engine was out for work at RATS!
User

mettersl

Rank

Non Member

Postby mettersl » Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:35 pm

Sounds like good progress...my 610 is still in storage...hope to change that soon.

• Advertisement