LesC

Rank

Non Member

Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:04 pm

South Wales

New Member's GTA Turbo

Postby LesC » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:46 pm

Hi All,

I have finally found time to post some photos of my recent acquisition. Only had it three weeks so plenty still to learn! Generally in very good order. It has been resprayed and looks the part although window out would have been better. Everything works except the speedometer but the previous owner fitted a SAT Nav to use for this. Something I want to attend to at some point. Electronic central locking works too.
Need to get it up on ramps or a pit but what I can see underneath looks good. I had the coolant replaced at a local Renault agent for the correct stuff as wasn't confident with what was in it, particularly with winter coming. Apparently it took the best part of an afternoon to flush the previous crud out. The temperature rose to about 3/4 when I bought it and it still did it on the way home from the refill but this might have been due to being held in slow traffic for a long time. Any thoughts? Rad, thermostat? fans come on so I need to monitor this.
It also has a blow off valve fitted that you can spot in the photo. Sounds mad venting off but not sure I want to keep this. Not a priority though.
The other thing I'll have to attend to is the offside headlight cover which has been repaired, so doesn't leak but it's too obvious.

I bought it to use it and enjoy it and so far it hasn't disappointed,although I haven't used it as much as I would like!...Oh and it goes like hell! :D

The only problem I have at the moment is finding somewhere to store it over winter...then again I seldom use my Caravelle so I don't want the same to happen with this!

Watch this space.
Les
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User

BIG_MVS

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:12 am

Sandbach

Re: New Member's GTA Turbo

Postby BIG_MVS » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:51 pm

Nice one Les, welcome to Alpeen Ownership. So nice to see one recently being bought to be used and enjoyed rather than a garage queen or one doing the trader rounds. Enjoy!

There still might be crud in that radiator, it probably needs replacing to be honest. It was recommended from Dieppe to remove the radiator completely every 30,000 miles and jet wash it out as the bottom gets full of crud, a normal flush might not have cleared it completely.

Yes I would ditch the dump valve if I was you, very 90's Max Power. I'll have a look in my box of bits to see if I have an Original Bosch re-circ one for you.
1994 A610 - Montana Red (For Sale)

• Advertisement