User

LesC

Rank

Non Member

Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:04 pm

South Wales

Stuck window

Postby LesC » Thu May 25, 2017 8:08 pm

Well that was a success. The Alpine passed its MOT. But now I've got a stuck open passenger window! OK in this weather I guess but not very secure! Fuse is Ok and there's power at the switch so I hope its a dodgy connection. How do you take a door panel off without damaging something. Looks pretty secure to me. It happened before recently and taking the fuse out and putting it back in seemed to work..or coincidence!
I've also thought selecting reverse is difficult recently and not sure its my imagination but selecting any gear gets harder the hotter the car gets. Any thoughts on this?
Thanks
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Re: Stuck window

Postby clee » Thu May 25, 2017 8:27 pm

When did you last change the hyd fluid ? Purge it all through and refill with a high temp DOT4 .

Can you hear any signs of life from the window motor in either direction? Door card is quite straightforward to remove but you'll need to remove door switch and handle assemblies .
User

LesC

Rank

Non Member

South Wales

Postby LesC » Thu May 25, 2017 8:47 pm

Thanks Lee. Did wonder about hydraulic fluid. Haven't changed it in the 7 months I've owned and no idea when it was done last!
Can't hear anything with the switch. At least if I get the door panel off I can check the motor. There's power at the switch so I hope I can trace where there isn't power!
User

BIG_MVS

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:12 am

Sandbach

Postby BIG_MVS » Fri May 26, 2017 8:33 am

Hi Les,

Can you hear the motor going on from inside the door? Could have come off the runner. Take the door card off and have a look. There are quite a few fixings at the bottom of the card. Also a main bolt that goes up from the bottom of the handle. It should then "pop" towards you if you pull hardish from the bottom. It then hooks over the top of the door. As Clee says fairly simple job in GTA terms just take your time.

It could be the fluid but also the linkage bushes might be worn (common issue), does it only do it from hot with regard to reverse gear selection?
1994 A610 - Montana Red (For Sale)
User

LesC

Rank

Non Member

South Wales

Postby LesC » Fri May 26, 2017 12:24 pm

Hi Martin,

Can't hear a thing! It was working fine until the issue with the immobilser which has been resolved. Might be coincidence. Got the window working again. By fiddling eith fuses. Or it worked of its own accord! Now there's nothing. Thought I'd check power at the door as I get a reading from the switch.
The reverse gear is worse when hot though its never been brilliant! Afraid I'm going to shed some teeth!
Other gears are Ok but stiff engagement. Again worse when hot.
User

darrenbiggs

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:03 pm

Horley - Nr Gatwick

Postby darrenbiggs » Fri May 26, 2017 1:56 pm

Before you do that, take the plastic vent off at the bottom of the door and reach up inside. You'll find the multi-plug to the motor.

Mine had come loose one time. I just pushed it tight and hey presto.

I'll see if I can take a pic.
Last edited by darrenbiggs on Fri May 26, 2017 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm just here for the gasoline.
User

LesC

Rank

Non Member

South Wales

Postby LesC » Fri May 26, 2017 2:42 pm

Hi Darren,
Good call. I'll try that first. Just hope my hand is small enough. Last thing I want is to call the Fire Service out because I've got my hand stuck in a door panel. :(
User

darrenbiggs

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:03 pm

Horley - Nr Gatwick

Postby darrenbiggs » Fri May 26, 2017 3:09 pm

No probably not... ;-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm just here for the gasoline.
User

LesC

Rank

Non Member

South Wales

Postby LesC » Fri May 26, 2017 3:12 pm

LOL
User

LesC

Rank

Non Member

South Wales

Postby LesC » Fri May 26, 2017 8:16 pm

Happy days. When I finally found all the bolts including the one hidden up under the door handle! I got the panel off. Power at the connector so a good spray with contact cleaner got it working again so if it happens again.....and no doubt it will, it won't take so long to fix next time!
no avatar
User

Alan Moore

Rank

Non Member

Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:04 pm

Brisbane Australia

Postby Alan Moore » Sat May 27, 2017 8:25 am

LesC wrote:Hi Martin,

The reverse gear is worse when hot though its never been brilliant! Afraid I'm going to shed some teeth!
Other gears are Ok but stiff engagement. Again worse when hot.

It may be that a previous owner has negated to fit the heat shield between the turbo and the clutch slave cylinder. The fluid in the slave boils and you have no clutch. I always thought the movement of the clutch pushrod was a bit marginal when the clutch was worn, and if the slave is sleeved down to the next size it will give you more travel, although I am sure Renault have already designed the clutch circuit correctly, and I am just using up bandwidth.
GTA V6 Turbo
Renault 4CV 16TS Power
BMW 2002 Tii M3 Power

• Advertisement