no avatar
User

alpine744

Rank

Non Member

Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:28 pm

ABS Rings/Driveshaft Refurb

Postby alpine744 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:23 pm

Does anyone have any recommendations for companies who could either supply or refurbish GTA driveshafts? My car has ABS fitted and I would want the shafts to have new rings as well. It would be preferable to have one company do the whole job, rather than me having to get rings from one place and then send them to whoever was rebuilding the shafts, for example. I know that Simon Auto do them, if it comes to it, but they're silly money, especially with the current exchange rates.

As part of the car's rebuild, I'm also looking into what can be done about replacing the front rings. They are currently serviceable (as, indeed, the rear ones are), but, after almost 30 years, corrosion is obviously taking it's toll. Since the wheel bearings need replacing and I will need to remove the stub axle anyway to do that, now seems a good time to see about it. New stub axles are NLA (unless anyone has any lying around that they don't want :up ). Just in case anyone tries to beat me to it, perhaps I should say at this point that yes, I do realise that the front ring is part of the stub axle and not a separate piece! Has anyone looked into any kind of re-manufacturing? Once I've taken the parts off the car, I'll be able to have a better look but I'm wondering if it would be possible to have an appropriately sized ring made, the old teeth machined off and then the new ring interference fitted? Anyone done anything similar on their car? Or any alternatives?

Craig

• Advertisement