stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Re: Accidental project yellow 610 press car restoration

Postby stephendell » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:05 am

Paul Cowley has also paid his deposit along with Phil.
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
User

mettersl

Rank

Non Member

Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:46 pm

Saffron Walden- North Essex

Postby mettersl » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:51 pm

Inked20200221_101506_LI.jpg

Well, quite a long gap but now we have progress.
After discovering the front to rear pipes had corroded the engine had to come out again to change them.
Car is now MOT'd and was delivered back from RATS last week. Many small things and not so small things to do to finish it off, like interior restoration, sorting the window microswitches, replacement AC pipes to fit the new condenser and so on, but running and roadworthy.
Now in dry storage until I have time to finish it off in the summer. Surprising how much brighter the yellow paint is than before
Sadly decision time on which one to keep is coming close.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
no avatar
User

Custard

Rank

Non Member

Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:02 pm

Postby Custard » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:16 pm

Looking good it’s a tuff one but you are good at electrics which is a 610 problem and Ac does work well, but the GTA is a much simpler car and if you get rid of the old carbs and keep them safe for some one else to put back on in the future ? It will be the turn on and go car, even it’s been sitting for months but the 610 not quite the same in reality. I did enjoy my 610 and it’s a much more refined car but I am not going to do big mileages where it is amazing. There isn’t that much metal in a GTA compered to a 610 to vapourise, the gta is recognised more where as the 610 is not because of its low numbers it should be worth a lot more if it was a German car.
It’s a not an easy choice but I think it comes down to what one do you enjoy the most rather than what they are worth.
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Postby stephendell » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:57 pm

Being a yellow 610 and a press / magazine car and rust now sorted I would probably lean towards that but better to keep both and sell something else!!
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
User

mettersl

Rank

Non Member

Postby mettersl » Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:05 pm

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-27 at 17.32.40.jpeg

Well, its been dug out and went for an MOT today and failed.
Not that bad...
Seems to have a stuck injector, so an injector clean is needed, hopefully that will cure the emissions (high CO and HC), the hint was it stalled during the emissions test and would not restart for a while. Worked a treat on my last one and made it much more economical at £2:06 for E5 around here, that will pay for itself.
A couple of small leaks to fix, one water and one oil, a couple of lights to get working, headlights to adjust but the biggest pain is the driveshaft boots are perished (well 3/4). Not needed for the MOT yet, but needs doing..
Does anyone know a source from the A610 boots beyond Simon Auto?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User

mettersl

Rank

Non Member

Postby mettersl » Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:58 am

My A610 is missing its roof aerial as when I bought the car, the aerial had been snapped off and glued back. Looks OK (ish) but didn't work at all and could not be unscrewed to put it under a cover
I've managed to find a new one that is close to the GTA one, but ideally, I'd like one that matches the 610 original, that's shorter and a different angle to the GTA.
Has anyone found a supplier of a matching aerial??

Thanks
User

Bazzer501

Rank

Non Member

Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:04 pm

Barton Stacey, Hampshire

Postby Bazzer501 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:48 pm

Hi Lee,

When I bought my Yellow A610...about 11+ years ago now the cars aerial was bent. I bought a complete new one off of Ebay, if I can go through my past purchases to 11 years ago I'll find out where I bought it from and let you know,

Cheers, Barry.
Yellow 1993 Alpine Renault A610
User

mettersl

Rank

Non Member

Postby mettersl » Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:27 am

Thanks Barry,
That would be brilliant.
Lee
User

mettersl

Rank

Non Member

Postby mettersl » Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:40 pm

Seat Foam
Does anyone know if the front seat squab foam is available from anywhere...GTA or 610? The front seats need some work on the covers and if I could get new squabs, I'd like to change those at the same time, I vaguely remember that they were being remanufactured but can't find them at the usual suspects. (Mecca or Simon)
Thought I'd ask here before trying facebook...
Previous

• Advertisement