User

paulrob100

Rank

Non Member

Sat May 02, 2015 9:20 pm

Nottingham

RATS / AVO suspension

Postby paulrob100 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:51 am

I picked up a RATS / AVO suspension kit from Lee last week. Got the rears on, & will get the fronts on this week & set the ride height. It looks to be really good quality. :super
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
La Plastique Fantastique :GTA
User

paulrob100

Rank

Non Member

Sat May 02, 2015 9:20 pm

Nottingham

Re: RATS / AVO suspension

Postby paulrob100 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:45 pm

Well I have now found time to get the whole kit on. We went for 350lb x 10" springs on the rear & 275lb x 9" on the front.
The rears are really straightforward to change, & the fronts were quite easy as I had had the front suspension apart last winter.
The kit comes with new poly bushes & lovely billet upper spring seats. The only parts needed to be re-used are the original top mounts.
I am very pleased with the results. The car sits about 25mm lower, which is what I wanted. The rears are wound up quite high. but there's still some adjustment left if needed. There is still quite a bit of adjustment left on the fronts, but I am still playing a bit with the ride height. I think the front will need to come up a bit. I am running the shocks at 12 clicks up at the rear & 8 up at the front.
The car definitely drives better, & the ride quality is ok. The only downside being that there is a bit more road noise transmitted into the cabin, as there are no rubber seats for the springs.

Well pleased :super
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
La Plastique Fantastique :GTA
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Re: RATS / AVO suspension

Postby clee » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:52 pm

Thanks Paul. Glad you are happy with them.
I have made the kit as complete as possible with all parts needed including the lower polybush for the fronts. These are all 'beefier' than OE spec. The GAZ and Spax units I've fitted previously all fail in short order at this point, both front and rears.

• Advertisement