no avatar
User

Custard

Rank

Non Member

Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:02 pm

Re: A310 project

Postby Custard » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:59 pm

Yes that’s the old bosh injection that’s not standard for a 310 unless they made some quirky ones, Mr Dell would no that setup was on some saloon cars there are tons of vacuum pipes on that setup all done for smog stuff. I have a complete top end setup like that I got of an old engine I thought the actual inlet manifold setup was quite good if you put a modified throttle body on it as it has very long induction run which would be good for a high torque engine.
no avatar
User

Trevor Skedge

Rank

Non Member

Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:39 pm

Postby Trevor Skedge » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:16 pm

That’s interesting, what sort of a modified setup?

This particular car was modified at Delorean for testing their engine.

Trevor.
User

mettersl

Rank

Non Member

Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:46 pm

Saffron Walden- North Essex

Postby mettersl » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:16 pm

That makes sense as it looked like a Delorean engine to me....the Bosch K was also fitted to some Volvo's and you find bits turn up on eBay from time to time.
I had it on a Saab...its quite simple and all the spares are available...also used on Quattro, golf GTI etc. Main issues are the metering unit sticking and the injector feed pipes splitting and causing fires.
Looks a special car with that engine that should turn out well.
no avatar
User

Custard

Rank

Non Member

Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:02 pm

Postby Custard » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:54 pm

On that engine the injectors are actually mounted in the inlet in the head itself, and they have a black plastic fuel pipe to each one which obviously gets pretty hot which is why they caught fire.
I was thinking of putting a modern system on it, get rid of all the vacuum pipes and bosh stuff new throttle body new electronic injectors ect to then make it more reliable powerful and less risk of fire.
The cost of the bits to keep it going and the number of people that no how to service them is dwindling plus it’s pre ethanol in the petrol so the new fuel may not be to good for the pipes.
User

darrenbiggs

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:03 pm

Horley - Nr Gatwick

Postby darrenbiggs » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:13 pm

That's why I asked. I was taking a guess that if it was an injected car then it was very likely to be one of the Delorean test mules.

I think there were three perhaps? One was injected and had an auto box - it was up for sale ages back. I think there might have been two others that were manuals.

What box is on this one?
I'm just here for the gasoline.
no avatar
User

Trevor Skedge

Rank

Non Member

Postby Trevor Skedge » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:58 pm

This one is manual. There were quite a few more than 3 alpine that Delorean. Four Galaxy (colour) cars at least, two went to the Legend in the States for turbo conversion. I believe this car went to Lotus for emissions testing, a few things point to that but I haven’t had it confirmed as yet. I’ll post a pic of a letter that I believe relates to this car.

Trevor.
no avatar
User

Trevor Skedge

Rank

Non Member

Postby Trevor Skedge » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:04 pm

Here
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:50 pm

East London

Postby eastlmark » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:25 pm

wow, think that's a telex!
never thought I would want a list but now find myself needing one just to remind me: Clio V6 230, 5 gt turbo, 5 Gordini turbo, Megane RS 300 Trophy.
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Postby stephendell » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:37 pm

Regarding the broken stud.

If the Simon auto manifolds are same as meca parts then they will take 4 studs per port instead of 2 so you will need to add 2 M7 studs to each port. The good news is that where the one is broken you will have 3 instead of one so it may not leak too badly until you get it fixed. You should be able to do it in situ if you are careful and lucky.
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
no avatar
User

Trevor Skedge

Rank

Non Member

Postby Trevor Skedge » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:15 am

I’ve got all but the one stud done but would have to use a 90 degree chuck for the forward broken stud due to space limitation. Far from ideal so may have to just use the three fixings on that port temporarily, but I really don’t like that idea.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
no avatar
User

Trevor Skedge

Rank

Non Member

Postby Trevor Skedge » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:54 pm

Here’s the Simon Auto manifold, trial fitted and seemed to fit ok with a gentle pull into place. The heat shield I initially thought I’d have repaired where needed but two are a little think now and may not stand the sand blasting to clean up and then may not like the heat from powder coating. I could find myself visiting this again in the not too distant future so decided to buy a complete set of what I think are stainless shields. Individually they aren’t too bad price wise but there are a few of them which mounts up to circa £700. By the time I’ve had the old ones repaired, shot blasted and powder coated and bought replacements for the unusable items, which I think are only available as stainless from Simon Auto, I’ll have a messy unmatched engine bay.

Trevor.
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Postby stephendell » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:59 am

I would suggest taking your existing heat shields to a local fabricator and having them copied in stainless, will probably be the cheapest way.

Simon had some odd heat shields in ebay recently for £30-40ish each but not stainless.

Wouldn’t worry to much about the missing stud given there were only two per port originally and you now have three.
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
Previous

• Advertisement