User

xranalli

Rank

Non Member

Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:02 pm

A310 engine question

Postby xranalli » Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:40 pm

Hi folks
I return with a question: I heard yesterday my engine and I'd feeling that rockets and tappets are noisy, more that in the past...especially if I hear close to the engine's head. I know that it is difficult to evaluate by a post but I would to understand if you can hear clearly tappets noise when you put ears near the engine. Unfortunatly I do not have any friends here that have PRV engine car.
Thanks a lot
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Re: A310 engine question

Postby stephendell » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:15 pm

Tappets can be quite noisy especially in a car with tin rocker covers. Quieter with alloy rocker covers. Fairly simple to adjust though and they do need doing from time to time.

Later 12V 3.0 engines with hydraulic tappets should be quiet. Noisy 24V engines are likely knackered.
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart

• Advertisement