New section

Competion events, results and regulations.

Moderators: eastlmark, simontaylor, Test Moderator

User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

New section

Postby stephendell » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:53 pm

Here you go Mr Taylor!!
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
no avatar
User

Alpineandy

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:37 am

North Essex

Postby Alpineandy » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:42 pm

Mr Taylor, Si21???? come on guys, what are you waiting for?
Alpine A110, Renault Safrane 2.5dt, Hudson Kindred Spirit (Renault powered), transAlp (Honda) and Ducati Multistrada
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:50 pm

East London

Postby eastlmark » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:26 am

is it for general motorsport or members related motorsport? Could chat to myself about NASCAR like the nutter on the bus if wanted.
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Postby eastlmark » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:38 pm

go cousin!
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:12 pm

dick trickle .....
User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:33 pm

Fleet, Hampshire

Postby simontaylor » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:40 pm

Guys,
it is all in the planning,
exciting stuff is to follow :-)
1986 : '86 GTA v6 BW-EFR turbo, with Adaptronic ECU
Firsts at
2007 : Gurston Down & RAOC Champion
2008 : Rushmoor & Eelmoor & ACSMC Hillclimb class Champion
2009 : Longcross & Eelmoor
2010 : Crystal Palace & Eelmoor
2016 : Rushmoor & 5th O/A
User

si21

Rank

Non Member

Mon May 09, 2005 8:24 pm

S.E London

Postby si21 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:11 pm

simontaylor wrote:Guys,
it is all in the planning,
exciting stuff is to follow :-)

Yep stop filling it up with useless wittering :lol: :lol: :lol:
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Postby eastlmark » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:17 pm

OK I know you cannot wait but here is the lowdown.

Its the final race of the NASCAR sprint cup this Sunday 19th September at Homestead, Miami in Florida. The great news is that Premier sports are showing the race live on a free view so anyone with any type of satelite system can watch it for free on channel 433.

Only 2 drivers can win the title and they are seperated by just 3 points (ts a point for each position + 1 for leading a lap and 1 for leading the most laps) so its pretty tight.

"cousin" Carl Edwards is leading and "smoke" Tony Stewart is second in the championship.
Smoke has won the title before but Cousin has not. Cousin drives a Ford while Smoke is in a Chevy. Never been a Ford fan myself but am shouting out for Cousin to win this time around, he does backflips from his side window when he wins a race so god knows what he will do if he gets the title.

Edwards still has a 3 point lead. The only way Stewart can clinch it are:

Win the race. Even if Stewart wins but Edwards leads the most laps Edwards still gets the championship.

If Edwards doesn't lead a lap:

Finish 3 places in front of Edwards
Finish 2 places in front of Edwards and lead a lap
Finish 1 place in front of Edwards, lead a lap and lead the most laps

If Edwards leads a lap those three change to:

Finish 4 places in front of Edwards
Finish 3 places in front of Edwards and lead a lap
Finish 2 place in front of Edwards, lead a lap and lead the most laps

If Edwards leads the most laps they change to:

Finish 5 places in front of Edwards
Finish 4 places in front of Edwards and lead

simple!
User

PaulC1959

Rank

Non Member

Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:56 pm

Bedfordshire

Postby PaulC1959 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:29 pm

eastlmark wrote:OK I know you cannot wait but here is the lowdown.

Its the final race of the NASCAR sprint cup this Sunday 19th September at Homestead, Miami in Florida. The great news is that Premier sports are showing the race live on a free view so anyone with any type of satelite system can watch it for free on channel 433.

Only 2 drivers can win the title and they are seperated by just 3 points (ts a point for each position + 1 for leading a lap and 1 for leading the most laps) so its pretty tight.

"cousin" Carl Edwards is leading and "smoke" Tony Stewart is second in the championship.
Smoke has won the title before but Cousin has not. Cousin drives a Ford while Smoke is in a Chevy. Never been a Ford fan myself but am shouting out for Cousin to win this time around, he does backflips from his side window when he wins a race so god knows what he will do if he gets the title.

Win the race. Even if Stewart wins but Edwards leads the most laps Edwards still gets the championship.

simple!

How the h@ll do the rednecks cope with the cars only ever turning left and driving in circles for 500 miles whilst they are drinking a shed load of beer and that is all before they sit down to work out all of those points permutations to find out who won?

God Bless America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Venturi 260 - Saphir (Bleu)
Renault Sport Megane 230 F1 Team R26 - Liquid Yellow
Renault Sport Clio 197 - Ultra Red
Renault Megane Maxim 1.5 DCi - Extreme Blue (Daily Runner)
Minari RS - Coral Red
Smart Roadster Coupe 80 - Spice Red
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Postby eastlmark » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:36 am

Paul, I bow to your obviously well informed and experienced knowledge in this kind of racing, a lot of folks criticise NASCAR without ever even seeing a whole race! Would you believe it!

Not sure why the photo of the Pogues has any relivance though.
User

PaulC1959

Rank

Non Member

Bedfordshire

Postby PaulC1959 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:15 pm

eastlmark wrote:Paul, I bow to your obviously well informed and experienced knowledge in this kind of racing, a lot of folks criticise NASCAR without ever even seeing a whole race! Would you believe it!

Not sure why the photo of the Pogues has any relivance though.

Mark,

Them is not the Pogues but genuine American rednecks, God bless America and all of that!!!

“I bow to your obviously well informed and experienced knowledge in this kind of racing”

Right oh then fella, no need to get too shirty mate! It was only a bit of banter. :o :o

But as a real motor racing enthusiast I do watch a lot of motorsport on the telly including the bikes, Moto GP, (God bless Marco), and super bikes, basically if it has an engine in it, I will probably watch it, h@ll I even watched a documentary about Lawn Mower racing!! :D :D

I do watch Nascar when I see it on the box but I must admit to struggling to sit through a whole race even the 200 mile races, the 400 and 500 are just a bit too long. Now I am down with the whole drafting and planning the placement of the car to be at the front only as the chequered flag drops unless a break can be made. This is similar to the open wheel oval racing, (God bless Dan), drafting and planning, taking several laps to move to the front of the field for the right moment, but somehow I find the open wheel cars easier to watch on an oval than the Nascar, but I still can’t do a 400 or 500 mile race. :wink: :oops: :wink:

Now the bit about them good old boys, the rednecks! Most Americans it seems struggle with attention span deficit disorder and need their TV programmes to remind them what has happened previously by providing them with never ending recaps of what has gone before.

An example is that dog training dude, they will start with a case he is dealing with, a poodle with megalomaniacal tendencies, then after about 10 minutes and for no apparent reason they will shift to a Highland Terrier that thinks it must fight with everything and everybody. After another 10 minutes they will return to the Poodle but not before providing a recap of the poodles problems and what had been done up until that point. Swapping between the cases featured continues throughout the programme and drives me to fury and colourful language!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

This is all I presume because they can’t concentrate and need to be kept interested in the programme and lead by the nose. :roll: :roll: :roll:

What about other sport in the good old US of A? They took Football/Soccer and seriously discussed making the goals larger so it would be more exiting and they could score more goals, what next, goal keepers must have their feet tied together? Honestly!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

What about Rugby? Now you may find this hard to believe but the USA are the reigning Olympic Champions in this sport, yes it was a really long time ago and it has never been in the games since that year. But what do they do to this game?

“Well it is a bit slow isn’t it, not much happens and the ball seems to get stuck underneath all of the players when they fall on the floor. Why can’t you pass it forward again? Hmm, I tell you what we’ll do let’s make them stop as soon as they get tackled, get up and start again straight away without all that hide the ball under the players malarkey”.

“Now that not passing forward rule, let’s just forget about that and throw the ball as far forward as we can, that seems like a good Idea to me. Oh, and while we are at it let’s change the name because we don’t like Rugby and anyway we don’t even know where it is, though someone did say it was in Ohio., no sir, we are going to call it football.

Is it worth me pointing out that only one player on each side kicks the ball? :wink: :wink: :wink:

Anyway back to my original point about the Pogues/Rednecks, how can a nation devoid of any attention span, whose Nascar fans will sit in the bleachers under a hot sun, downing beer like it is water for a 500 mile race be able to: a, remain focused upon the motorsport when as we have previously mentioned the cars will only ever turn left and b, after several hours of alcoholic beverages make the slightest sense of that point scoring system?

So anyway Mark after all that, no offence mate!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Minari RS - Coral Red
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Postby eastlmark » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:56 pm

nascar points system is actually very simple. Point per place (right down to the 43rd car so its worth fighting for all the way to the end even if your car is falling to bits.) with a gap between 1st and second to make a race of it at the end. Point for pole and point for the most laps and a point for each other leader. In past years it hasnt been so close going in to the final round.

There are also 2 road course races per season as well, also, need to point out that Brands Hatch indy circuit and Lydden only have one left hand turn per lap + Nascar never really go straight anyway, even on the straights the cars are still sliding to an extent.
As for comparisons with Indycar, aside from some shared ovals (and road courses) there are non really. The strategey and driving styles are completely different. Look at Dario's and Jaques performance in NASCAR to prove the point. As for Danica.....who knows.
As for the photo, the Pogues comment was obviously tongue firmly in cheek.
You will also be pleased to know that the truck series on Friday night and the Nationwide on Saturday are also on a freeview basis this weekend.
User

BIG_MVS

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:12 am

Sandbach

Postby BIG_MVS » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:03 pm

PaulC1959 wrote:
eastlmark wrote:OK I know you cannot wait but here is the lowdown.

simple!

How the h@ll do the rednecks cope with the cars only ever turning left and driving in circles for 500 miles whilst they are drinking a shed load of beer and that is all before they sit down to work out all of those points permutations to find out who won?

God Bless America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's about time we had someone else on here with a sense of humour He's of Northern breed you can tell), keep them coming Paul :lol: :wink:
1994 A610 - Montana Red (For Sale)
User

PaulC1959

Rank

Non Member

Bedfordshire

Postby PaulC1959 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:26 pm

eastlmark wrote:nascar points system is actually very simple. Point per place (right down to the 43rd car so its worth fighting for all the way to the end even if your car is falling to bits.) with a gap between 1st and second to make a race of it at the end. Point for pole and point for the most laps and a point for each other leader. In past years it hasnt been so close going in to the final round.

There are also 2 road course races per season as well, also, need to point out that Brands Hatch indy circuit and Lydden only have one left hand turn per lap + Nascar never really go straight anyway, even on the straights the cars are still sliding to an extent.
As for comparisons with Indycar, aside from some shared ovals (and road courses) there are non really. The strategey and driving styles are completely different. Look at Dario's and Jaques performance in NASCAR to prove the point. As for Danica.....who knows.
You will also be pleased to know that the truck series on Friday night and the Nationwide on Saturday are also on a freeview basis this weekend.

Hi Mark

I know the Pogues was a tongue in the cheek moment as I am aware you are into your music. 8) 8) 8)

Secondly I am not knocking Nascar, it is after all motorsport and I have seen it live at Rockingham. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Yes I knew the Nascar circus pitched up at Watkins Glen but not that they had another circuit that they also visited, (must be very inconvenient to set up the steering to turn both ways, twice a year), which is that? :P :P

I guess I must sort myself out some free view if there is so much motor sport on it.

Can we now call a truce? :shock: :shock: :shock:
Minari RS - Coral Red
User

PaulC1959

Rank

Non Member

Bedfordshire

Postby PaulC1959 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:48 pm

PaulC1959 wrote:
eastlmark wrote:nascar points system is actually very simple. Point per place (right down to the 43rd car so its worth fighting for all the way to the end even if your car is falling to bits.) with a gap between 1st and second to make a race of it at the end. Point for pole and point for the most laps and a point for each other leader. In past years it hasnt been so close going in to the final round.

Hi Mark

I know the Pogues was a tongue in the cheek moment as I am aware you are into your music. 8) 8) 8)

Secondly I am not knocking Nascar, it is after all motorsport and I have seen it live at Rockingham. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Yes I knew the Nascar circus pitched up at Watkins Glen but not that they had another circuit that they also visited, (must be very inconvenient to set up the steering to turn both ways, twice a year), which is that? :P :P

I guess I must sort myself out some free view if there is so much motor sport on it.

Can we now call a truce? :shock: :shock: :shock:

B@gger it !!!! :evil: :evil:

I forgot to put a picture of the boys on the last post, so here goes. :lol: :lol:

Martin Thanks for the vote of confidence on humour, maybe it is a northern thing. But I do like a good rant every now and then and well to be honest the Colonial cousins are just asking for it. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Paul
Minari RS - Coral Red
Next

• Advertisement