New Nurburgring rules

Competion events, results and regulations.

Moderators: eastlmark, simontaylor, Test Moderator

no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:50 pm

East London

New Nurburgring rules

Postby eastlmark » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:37 am

Anyone planning a trip out the the Nurburgring this year needs to be aware of some new rules......which basicly ban any type of safety device!

from Pistonheads
◦Bucket seats with ‘ears’ (as the Germans delightfully refer to them) are not allowed. Those are the seats with wrap-around head restraints.
◦The famous Hans device neck-restraint is also banned from public driving.
◦Roll cages with doorbars that restrict access are banned.
◦Roll cages must be padded. Not with proper FIA crash-absorbing materials. Nobody will check that. Just any old foam will do.
◦Aftermarket snap-off steering wheels are also verboten.

Road legal race cars no longer welcome
It sounds bad, but there’s already a bunch of banning reasons you won’t find written down anywhere, stuff like wings made of aluminium (except for Porsche 997 GT3 RS Mk2s), rotary-release harness clasps (except for those on Porsches) and any wings or canards that protrude beyond the width of the body (except for those on the Porsche GT3.RS 4.0). Obviously these rules are there to try and keep the race cars out of the public traffic, and there’s an official notice period on the enforcement of them until April 30 allegedly...

Watever next, only allowed a lap if you have a unrestrained child in the back?
never thought I would want a list but now find myself needing one just to remind me: Clio V6 230, 5 gt turbo, 5 Gordini turbo, Megane RS 300 Trophy.

• Advertisement