Dimanche Sprint

Competion events, results and regulations.

Moderators: eastlmark, simontaylor, Test Moderator

User

si21

Rank

Non Member

Mon May 09, 2005 8:24 pm

S.E London

Dimanche Sprint

Postby si21 » Wed May 08, 2013 11:02 pm

Again a little later than I had planned, but I competed in my first Sprint of 2013 April 14th; which was organised by Farnborough & District MC. I am pleased to say I Improved upon last years time by about .6 of a second and was not last in class, beating a 328 Beemer and a MG ZTT which is a 190 bhp 2.5ltr V6 and I was only .9 of a second behind a 320bhp MG V8 monster MGSV so I was really pleased. I finished 37th out of 55 entrants overall and was only 1 second approx behind Mr Taylor :shock:

Ok so I have only told you part of truth there Mr Taylors GTA turbo is still tucked up in the garage not currently on the road and he still beat me in a 1.7ltr Ford Puma :oops: I have to say following Mr T down the road it the Puma was no slouch...that's my excuse and I am sticking to it!!

Big respect going out to Mr T who once again proved himself to be the Master :lol: :lol:

I am still pretty much driving a standard car albeit with 3 branch manifolds and exhaust with 25yr old suspension. Second gear is still baulking, although with the new up rated mount and the now re-aligned rubber bump stop/damper now be now actually works has now improved things a little, it is still painfully slow and is definitely adding time to my runs with far too much time costing between gears :roll: :lol:

I have adjustable coil-overs to fit so I am hoping this will transform the handling and improve the cars performance and my times.

Next event La Vie en Bleu @ Prescott Hill Climb and looking forward to it.

si21
User

BIG_MVS

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:12 am

Sandbach

Postby BIG_MVS » Thu May 09, 2013 7:37 am

Beaten by a Ford Puma, oh the shame. Jean Redele will be turning in his grave!

Sounds like you had a grand day out though, and the car didn't break down so things are looking up Si :wink:
1994 A610 - Montana Red (For Sale)
User

phildini

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:00 am

Epsom Surrey/ Venezia Italy

Postby phildini » Thu May 09, 2013 7:50 am

BIG_MVS wrote:....Beaten by a Ford Puma, oh the shame. Jean Redele will be turning in his grave!......

Don't under estimate the PUMA POWER!! I think they are great handling cars and good value. I have owned the daddy of the Puma "THE RACING PUMA" and still the 1.7 cheap as chips version is still fantastic fun for no ££££. If I had some money to spare, it would be my weapon of choice for all types of events. 8)
84 R5 Le Car2 Turbo, 95 Clio 16V mk1, 68 Alfa Romeo 1750 GTV, 99 Mitsubishi Evo VI, 06 Porsche Boxster, 11 Lotus Evora S
User

si21

Rank

Non Member

S.E London

Postby si21 » Thu May 09, 2013 5:08 pm

BIG_MVS wrote:Image

Beaten by a Ford Puma, oh the shame. Jean Redele will be turning in his grave!

Sounds like you had a grand day out though, and the car didn't break down so things are looking up Si :wink:

Not having to lift a finger to fix the car for each run was a novelty in itself. :lol: and a result.

I tend to try and not worry about others, my target is to better my time; I only look to see where others are later, I am getting faster and this is also getting better as I iron out the problems with the car.

Excuses no!! Mr T is rapid (credit where credit is due) and those that have the experience know how to minimize losses in time and many have been driving the same course for years.

I always try and build up my speed gradually on each run, but my last two runs were ruined by rain so I know I could have gone a bit faster but once it started to rain I dropped .5 of a second straight away, due to a lack of grip and the last run was not worth running as there was no way of beating my time.

Great fun and fun learning too :wink:

Si
User

si21

Rank

Non Member

S.E London

Postby si21 » Thu May 09, 2013 5:12 pm

phildini wrote:
BIG_MVS wrote:....Beaten by a Ford Puma, oh the shame. Jean Redele will be turning in his grave!......

Don't under estimate the PUMA POWER!! I think they are great handling cars and good value. I have owned the daddy of the Puma "THE RACING PUMA" and still the 1.7 cheap as chips version is still fantastic fun for no ££££. If I had some money to spare, it would be my weapon of choice for all types of events. 8)

It was not slow that's for sure I even got beaten by the 8's, if I had been on a more open course the story would have been different, the smaller low geared cars really seemed to suit that course.

si21
User

si21

Rank

Non Member

S.E London

Just to put things into persective

Postby si21 » Thu May 09, 2013 5:19 pm

si21 wrote:
phildini wrote:

It was not slow that's for sure I even got beaten by the 8's, if I had been on a more open course the story would have been different, the smaller low geared cars really seemed to suit that course.

si21

Mr T was faster in his road going Puma than a guy in caged race prepped version...and quickest Puma on the day ...don't think the guy was feeling that great about it:lol:

si21
User

phildini

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:00 am

Epsom Surrey/ Venezia Italy

Postby phildini » Thu May 09, 2013 5:25 pm

si21 wrote: It was not slow that's for sure I even got beaten by the 8's, if I had been on a more open course the story would have been different, the smaller low geared cars really seemed to suit that course.

si21

Sell GTA and get a Clio 172..... :lol: :wink: I know of a cheap one...... Canada wharf Dungeon
84 R5 Le Car2 Turbo, 95 Clio 16V mk1, 68 Alfa Romeo 1750 GTV, 99 Mitsubishi Evo VI, 06 Porsche Boxster, 11 Lotus Evora S
User

si21

Rank

Non Member

S.E London

Postby si21 » Thu May 09, 2013 6:00 pm

Clio...maybe as another car one day, but no.i would.not sell. GTA now.

I.have a plan of action and I beleive i can make the car more competetive and I am learning all.the time i think thats part of the challenge. I really see little satisfaction in.buying a super quick car out of the box and wiping the floor of everyone and putting another dust trap on the shelf with the cars performance alone :lol:

Si21

• Advertisement