No SEMSEC racing at Lydden next year

Competion events, results and regulations.

Moderators: eastlmark, simontaylor, Test Moderator

no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:50 pm

East London

No SEMSEC racing at Lydden next year

Postby eastlmark » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:53 pm

News:
Following a serious decline in race entries over the last few seasons, it is with much regret that the SEMSEC Board and Sporting Committee have concluded that we do not have the financial resources to enter into a 2014 Race Programme.

The decision has therefore been taken and SEMSEC has suspended its programme of race meetings planned for 2014.

This decision has not been taken lightly as 2014 would have been the 21st season of SEMSEC racing, with the Club ethos to provide four wheel Car Racing at Lydden Hill and latterly our annual meeting at Brands Hatch. However, the Board recognises that without sufficient reserves to support another season of losses, it is not possible to offer a realistic programme of race events in 2014.

We are very proud of our history as a Motor Racing Club and of the racing we have offered over the years and would like to thank, most sincerely; all those who have been involved in helping us provide grass roots Motor Sport, particularly the Drivers and Marshals who have supported the Club’s events.

This, unfortunately, will impact on both Tunbridge Wells and Rochester Motor Clubs as their Sprints have traditionally preceded the afternoon races at both Lydden Hill and Brands Hatch. However we are in discussions with various parties to try to find a way forward.

SEMSEC will continue as a motor club for the foreseeable future and will consider any new opportunities that present themselves.

Norman Redhead
Chairman, for and on behalf of SEMSEC

Will have an impact for Spirinting as well due the their dual meeting policy. With Mallory park looking dead as well, sprinters better get used to just using bumpy old airfields.
never thought I would want a list but now find myself needing one just to remind me: Clio V6 230, 5 gt turbo, 5 Gordini turbo, Megane RS 300 Trophy.
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Re: No SEMSEC racing at Lydden next year

Postby stephendell » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:31 pm

Hopefully you will be able to get your fix in August!

Details coming soon...
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
User

si21

Rank

Non Member

Mon May 09, 2005 8:24 pm

S.E London

Postby si21 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:04 pm

No thats not good news at all !!! I had been starting to make that a more regular venue to sprint at and had started to love the challenge this small circuit gives a driver!!

This is quite serious for Mark as this is his regular circuit. Where else can you go racing for that cost, as soon as you go to other circuits the cost rises significantly due to massive costs in circuit hire!!

So what are your options Mark? Steve one outing a year is hardly likely to suffice when he has been competing for a whole championship/season.

This news has p.issed me right off!!

Si21 :evil:
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Postby eastlmark » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:09 pm

was looking at options anyway Si, QMM championship looks like where I will end up, but in a outdated car wont stand much chance of success within class even and the chances of coming home with a straight car is far less than Semsec was.
never thought I would want a list but now find myself needing one just to remind me: Clio V6 230, 5 gt turbo, 5 Gordini turbo, Megane RS 300 Trophy.
User

si21

Rank

Non Member

S.E London

Postby si21 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:16 pm

eastlmark wrote:was looking at options anyway Si, QMM championship looks like where I will end up, but in a outdated car wont stand much chance of success within class even and the chances of coming home with a straight car is far less than Semsec was.

Hi Mark welcome to my world lol outdated car no chance of winning my class and end up over driving to get a better time = more chance of spinning. Where would this championship be held?
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Postby eastlmark » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:54 am

si21 wrote:
eastlmark wrote:was looking at options anyway Si, QMM championship looks like where I will end up, but in a outdated car wont stand much chance of success within class even and the chances of coming home with a straight car is far less than Semsec was.

Hi Mark welcome to my world lol outdated car no chance of winning my class and end up over driving to get a better time = more chance of spinning. Where would this championship be held?

its all over the south Simon, Brands, Silverstone, Snett etc.
having said that about outdated cars though, the championship this year was won by Andy Woods Dean in his mk1 Megane which is a bit of a shed and Peter Osbourne won the tin tops championship in his mk1 Clio cup car.
no avatar
User

Alpineandy

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:37 am

North Essex

Postby Alpineandy » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:40 pm

What's the Qwimm series?
Alpine A110, Renault Safrane 2.5dt, Hudson Kindred Spirit (Renault powered), transAlp (Honda) and Ducati Multistrada
User

si21

Rank

Non Member

S.E London

Postby si21 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:48 pm

I google'd QMM out of interest but nothing relating to the championship popped up..any clues?
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Postby eastlmark » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:31 pm

Alpineandy wrote:What's the Qwimm series?

sorry typo, supposed to be QMN = Quaife/Motoring News
http://www.barcsoutheast.co.uk/index.html
no avatar
User

Alpineandy

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

North Essex

Postby Alpineandy » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:46 pm

eastlmark wrote:
Alpineandy wrote:What's the Qmm series?

Their intermarque looks like some where to use a megane trophy.... I must start doing the lottery!
:lol:
Alpine A110, Renault Safrane 2.5dt, Hudson Kindred Spirit (Renault powered), transAlp (Honda) and Ducati Multistrada
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Postby eastlmark » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:34 pm

Alpineandy wrote:
eastlmark wrote:
Alpineandy wrote:What's the Qmm series?

Their intermarque looks like some where to use a megane trophy.... I must start doing the lottery!
:lol:

I reckon on most small tracks, a Megane trophy would be out classed by those little ex hotrod Tigra and Pug lookalikee's. Those things are quick and weigh next to nothing..
no avatar
User

Alpineandy

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

North Essex

Postby Alpineandy » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:36 pm

eastlmark wrote:I reckon on most small tracks, a Megane trophy would be out classed by those little ex hotrod Tigra and Pug lookalikee's. Those things are quick and weigh next to nothing..

I'd guess you're right there but on the quicker tracks I wouldn't be so sure.
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Postby eastlmark » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:25 pm

was one at last years Birkett relay race and his lap times were way slower on the 2 caterhams in our team that's on Silverstone GP circuit.

• Advertisement