Renault- Alpine race series- just dreaming up ideas

Competion events, results and regulations.

Moderators: eastlmark, simontaylor, Test Moderator

User

andyh877

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:11 am

Alpine France

Re: Renault- Alpine race series- just dreaming up ideas

Postby andyh877 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:01 pm

eastlmark wrote:its not the shortage of cars preventing this from happening, more the shortage of driver/ owner willing to take the plunge and use the cars for the purpose they were designed for.

possible if there is a spares backup for the cars which are running..... the thing that scares most owners is the inavailability of spare parts to repair their cars if they have an off or get punted, and the cost to race some of these machines is pretty high before you even think of how much some of the parts cost,
spider slicks cost £950 for a set of 4 now.... I know of 10 Race spiders throughout Europe that are regularly used, but how many of them would want to race them is a different story.... probably half of them....
Antoine and I discussed a spider revival race series a few years ago ..... main problem that cropped up.... having full spares support for the cars, 1 part which isn't available any more.... spider rev counter dash none available at all ever

Venues...Silverstone, Brands, Spa, Le mans, Magny Cours, I may know someone who could put up some sponsorship.....
User

si21

Rank

Non Member

Mon May 09, 2005 8:24 pm

S.E London

Postby si21 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:42 pm

eastlmark wrote:Was flicking through a book and found this picture from Japan:

How great would a Renault- Alpine all comers race series be. After all, plenty of these cars sitting around doing nothing. Not a hotly contested championship, more of a gentlemans driver and enthusiast event- more about competing than winning. Maybe set the peg at all cars more than 10 years old.... maybe just 3 or 4 races a year so no massive financial stretch. Just dreaming I know.

A dream shared Mark a dream shared :super

si21
User

si21

Rank

Non Member

S.E London

Postby si21 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:47 pm

clee wrote:Wonder how much he'd want for it .......

A lot it has F1 driver history ex Bleekamoelen car;-) ps grp N not a Europa Cup lots of differences ;-)

I think its a left hooker as well and same pricing applies lol
User

si21

Rank

Non Member

S.E London

Postby si21 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:54 pm

eastlmark wrote:its not the shortage of cars preventing this from happening, more the shortage of driver/ owner willing to take the plunge and use the cars for the purpose they were designed for.

Agreed

But i also agree with Andy re spares and cost..i would be racing not sprinting if money were no object...and as I have said many times if you prang the front end of a GTA its curtains...so I try not to think about it!!

Is that not the very reason you now race a 172 Cup and not your Spider Mark. That said a lot depends on the drivers competing ....sponsers paying take an extra 2 seconds off a lap lol
Previous

• Advertisement