All Circuit Sprint Championship 2014

Competion events, results and regulations.

Moderators: eastlmark, simontaylor, Test Moderator

no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:50 pm

East London

All Circuit Sprint Championship 2014

Postby eastlmark » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:39 pm

Despite the loss of (most) Lydden events, the All circuit Sprint championship is still alive and well, good to see Hethel on the list-always should have been there I thought. A busy month of May though...

Sun 16th March BARC Mid Rockingham
Sat 19th April Bognor Regis MC Goodwood
Sun 4th May Borough 19MC Hethal
Sat 10th May TWMC Lydden
Sat 17th May Borough 19MC Snetterton
Sat 31st May TWMC Goodwood
Sat 26th July Bristol MC Castle Combe
Sat 2nd August Brighton & HMC Goodwood
Sat 4th October BARC Mid Curborough
Sat 18th October Bristol Pegasus Castle Coombe

more details and registration here: http://twmc.org.uk/
never thought I would want a list but now find myself needing one just to remind me: Clio V6 230, 5 gt turbo, 5 Gordini turbo, Megane RS 300 Trophy.
no avatar
User

Alpineandy

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:37 am

North Essex

Re: All Circuit Sprint Championship 2014

Postby Alpineandy » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:01 am

Lydden seems to have dropped off many championships for 2014. Is there some reason behind it?
Alpine A110, Renault Safrane 2.5dt, Hudson Kindred Spirit (Renault powered), transAlp (Honda) and Ducati Multistrada
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Postby eastlmark » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:26 am

because of this: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6803

It was a circuit share agreement, sprint in the morning and race in the afternoon. Without one the other could not happen, The one Lydden sprint this year is bizzarely going to be part of a VW festival held at the circuit that weekend.

We ( I mean Ricky) will be out at Rockingham next Sunday, 16th March in the Clio, Pete Ellens also entered in the same class with his A110.
never thought I would want a list but now find myself needing one just to remind me: Clio V6 230, 5 gt turbo, 5 Gordini turbo, Megane RS 300 Trophy.
no avatar
User

Alpineandy

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

North Essex

Postby Alpineandy » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:02 am

Mark, I think there must be more to it. It would appear that Lydden has much fewer events on this year. The BTRDA aren't using it for rallycross (and circuit owner Pat Doran is a rx competitor) although the BRC has the usual 2 events there. The Classic Bike racers (CRMC) appear to only have 1 event there this year (IIRC they had 3 a few years back). It looks like it's missed off a few other championships as well..
Alpine A110, Renault Safrane 2.5dt, Hudson Kindred Spirit (Renault powered), transAlp (Honda) and Ducati Multistrada
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Postby eastlmark » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:47 pm

Alpineandy wrote:Mark, I think there must be more to it. It would appear that Lydden has much fewer events on this year. The BTRDA aren't using it for rallycross (and circuit owner Pat Doran is a rx competitor) although the BRC has the usual 2 events there. The Classic Bike racers (CRMC) appear to only have 1 event there this year (IIRC they had 3 a few years back). It looks like it's missed off a few other championships as well..

Thought you were asking about lack of sprints, and that is totally due to no SEMSEC races, full stop.

BARC are running 2 meetings instead of their usual 1 and of course you forgot to mention they are hosting the world rally cross event in May which is now going to be a huge event, although Jaques Villenueve has now pulled out (but was testing there the other Saturday), there are some top names turning up for that one. There is also the APex festival which was pretty big last year. All in all I think they have filled all there allowed event dates despite not having SEMSEC races.

I think though there may be more to the SEMSEC thing than the blamed lack of entries as they pulled down the control tower/timekeepers place by the start finish line late last year and as of yet have not built a new one which would make racing there impossible, and I am sure they must have informed race organisers that no racing could go ahead before the new one is built- that would have curtailed both SEMSECs first 2 races of the season. Should be in place for the WRX although as of last Saturday they had not even started on it.
no avatar
User

Alpineandy

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

North Essex

Postby Alpineandy » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:18 pm

I expect the 'World' rallycross is just the 'European' rallycross with a different name, despite the razzmatazz (but I will be there at the end of may to see it again!).
It looks to me like they've replaced the missing events with the 'drift' championship, which really doesn't float my boat to watch (although I'd love to give it a go).
I'm not sure what you mean by the BARC, but if that's the full name of the british rallycross championship, it usually has 2 events at Lydden.

A great shame you won't be sprinting there as it is a great little circuit.
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Postby eastlmark » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:00 pm

Alpineandy wrote:I expect the 'World' rallycross is just the 'European' rallycross with a different name, despite the razzmatazz (but I will be there at the end of may to see it again!).
It looks to me like they've replaced the missing events with the 'drift' championship, which really doesn't float my boat to watch (although I'd love to give it a go).
I'm not sure what you mean by the BARC, but if that's the full name of the british rallycross championship, it usually has 2 events at Lydden.

A great shame you won't be sprinting there as it is a great little circuit.

BARC= British Automobile Race Club. http://www.barcsoutheast.co.uk/index.html its racing they do, hence the name.
Drifting, it would seem is what pulls the punters in, for some reason. recent drift track days there have been sold out while normal car trackdays have been arrive and drive.

the European rally cross championship is still in existence, the Lydden round being in both world and European. Despite RX being big in the USA, there are no rounds there surprisingly. Argentina is tenativly on the calender though as is a Canadian round.

Riku should be out in the May sprint, keep an eye on the forum for pass details if you want to come along. Looks like we might get a race there as well.
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Postby eastlmark » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:53 pm

Great day at Rockingham and a fantastic sprint venue being used for the first time.
1 st in class for Ricky and 22nd overall.
some pics:

no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Postby eastlmark » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:44 pm

and in car video of the fastest timed run:
http://youtu.be/9izjHHkFVKM
User

si21

Rank

Non Member

Mon May 09, 2005 8:24 pm

S.E London

Postby si21 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:01 pm

Well done Riku!! Any more info on the day, other cars in class fastest time of day and by what car n whom...don't want much do I ? :crazy

si21
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Postby eastlmark » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:13 pm

full results are ar TSL timing: http://www.tsl-timing.com/sprint/2014/141181.pdf

Interesting 64ft times where he is quite slow compared to others, FWD v RWD I suppose.
the "f" speed is the speed across the sprint finish line, shame no speed trap on turn 1 as we reckon he was pulling around 110mph there.

there was also a Alfa in class which failed to set any times and brought out a red flag on every run.
User

si21

Rank

Non Member

Mon May 09, 2005 8:24 pm

S.E London

Postby si21 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:38 pm

Thanks for the info Mark my class looks interesting though I have to say, not full of GT3 RS's LOL shame I can run in Standard Road Going over 2ltr LOL!!

I presume looking at time Pete Ellens was having issues?

Si21
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Postby eastlmark » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:57 pm

si21 wrote:Thanks for the info Mark my class looks interesting though I have to say, not full of GT3 RS's LOL shame I can run in Standard Road Going over 2ltr LOL!!

I presume looking at time Pete Ellens was having issues?

Si21

Yes, the classes "up north" are slightly different then we are used to. I entered in the wrong class and got a telling off for not reading the regs properly! My usual class 10 was class 9 there. There was a clash of sprints with North Weald on the day so the usual GT3's were there I Guess.
Its a great sprint to do next year Simon, would suit a GTA I feel and for once a great sprint to go a watch.
Pete had brake and tyre issues IIRC.
Good result for us as aside from one Suburu and a heavily modded Nissan Fairlady Z, we were the first of what you would call a normal tin top car with road going roots... The Mini was a mid engined monster and the Ka seemed a whole heap wider than the real thing.
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Postby eastlmark » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:14 pm

another video of the sprint: http://youtu.be/x48DH9TQpyg
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Postby eastlmark » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:22 am

The one and only Lydden sprint this year is on May 10th and the regs are avaialble here: http://twmc.org.uk/allcircuit/index.html

Its part of the VW Apex festival so a lot else going on at the circuit following the morning sprint so is a good one to go to. Also a national round (I think) so expect some big single seaters as well.

• Advertisement