Pit crew wanted./ Clio cup race season

Competion events, results and regulations.

Moderators: eastlmark, simontaylor, Test Moderator

no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:50 pm

East London

Pit crew wanted./ Clio cup race season

Postby eastlmark » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:25 pm

Pit crew wanted.... well not exactly but some help in the pits are required.

Riku and I will be racing in the CSSC Millennium series this year, the first race at least and then see how it goes
Details of the race series is on the CSSC site here.
in short though, the races are 40 minutes long with a mandatory driver change during a pit stop "window" and as both of us are driving, we will need someone to co-ordinate the pit stop timing, hold out the pit board, time the stop as there is a minimum time limit and then see the car safely out of its pit stall.
Its not F1 so its pretty relaxed although fumbling with harness buckles etc will mean general panic but the other driver should be able to help with that, but you will need to be aware of the dangers of being in a live pit lane and, most importantly, be reliable and will turn up.
What do you get in return? not much really, but we will give you a free ticket to the events, feed you (track food only or whatever's available) and offer the chance to be involved in all the excitement of a race day. Lots of other racing will be on the same day including (for the first event anyway) modern classics, Jaguar sports and Gts and tin tops.
First race is Saturday April 11th at Snetterton and you probably wont need to be there until mid morning unless you want to, there is always wheel changing, cleaning and other stuff to do so we can keep you busy. As I said, its not F1, it may be wet and cold but hopefully it will be a fun and interesting experience which is the reason I do it.

provisional further dates are at Brands Hatch, Rockingham and Mallory Park. Don't know for sure what ones we will be doing as yet but will keep you updated.

anyone interested? let me know.
never thought I would want a list but now find myself needing one just to remind me: Clio V6 230, 5 gt turbo, 5 Gordini turbo, Megane RS 300 Trophy.
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Re: Pit crew wanted.

Postby eastlmark » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:20 pm

form an orderly queue please........ first come first served basis.

Anyhow, testing at Snetterton on Thursday, 26th March if anyone wants to pop down and polish the newly fitted headlights.

never thought I would want a list but now find myself needing one just to remind me: Clio V6 230, 5 gt turbo, 5 Gordini turbo, Megane RS 300 Trophy.
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Postby eastlmark » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:00 pm

Have spare tickets available (weekend ones) in anyone wants them (and will show up!).
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Postby eastlmark » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:14 pm

Modern Classics, furture Classics, Caterhams, Morgan and Jaguar races all on the bill.
User

si21

Rank

Non Member

Mon May 09, 2005 8:24 pm

S.E London

Postby si21 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:16 am

Pit Crew arranged ;-)
User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:33 pm

Fleet, Hampshire

Postby simontaylor » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:27 am

Good on you. Enjoy :angel
1986 : '86 GTA v6 BW-EFR turbo, with Adaptronic ECU
Firsts at
2007 : Gurston Down & RAOC Champion
2008 : Rushmoor & Eelmoor & ACSMC Hillclimb class Champion
2009 : Longcross & Eelmoor
2010 : Crystal Palace & Eelmoor
2016 : Rushmoor & 5th O/A
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Postby eastlmark » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:07 pm

Thanks Simon (G) for going way out East to help out and generally stop me going to pieces. Race was a bit demoralising in the event as although we (I mean Ricky) out qualified a lot of cars in the wet practice, we ( I mean me) threw it all away with a crap start, unscrubbed tyres trying their best to throw me off the track, car way slower than all our opposition (the cars I thought we might be able to race against were no shows) so I just watched the entire field disappear into the distance. With no hope of catching anyone, I drove round till the pit window opened and came straight in (early) to let Ricky have has much track time as possible only he wasn't ready! so a crap pit stop set us back even further. He did set some respectable times in the end although even his best was about 4 secs of the slower next cars
I guess its all good experience but will give the next Silverstone round a miss and be back out at Brands Hatch end of May and hope there will be some comparable cars to have fun with.
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Postby eastlmark » Thu May 14, 2015 10:09 pm

must admit did not know this video was out there, but here it is, our pitstop in all its glory!

https://youtu.be/aFcZeKZPavc
User

si21

Rank

Non Member

Mon May 09, 2005 8:24 pm

S.E London

Postby si21 » Wed May 20, 2015 11:06 pm

Wasn't that bad considering nobody expected you in quite so quickly Mark, I was surprised as to how calm it all appeared to be for a first ever pitstop not even one practice. I am sure he next race at Brands will be a lot better ;-)

si21
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Postby eastlmark » Mon May 25, 2015 9:37 am

Have 2 spare tickets for Brands Hatch this Sunday, 31st May if anyone interested. let me know asap to get in the post. Usual conditions apply, don't ask if you cannot come and you may need to help out even if its only lugging stuff from the paddock to pit. Our race is at 16.00 with practice qualifying at 11.20. Modern classics, Jaguars, tin tops and caterham races are on the same day.
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Postby eastlmark » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:17 pm

Great race, Riku doing all the driving this time, wet practice = 9th spot on the grid out of 32 cars!
Ran as high as 5th on drying track before doing our mandatory pitstop which went well but he was stuck at the pit exit road after the TVR infront broke down and blocked the exit. Result? lost 1 lap over the lap we expected to loose so now 2 laps down on the leader and plummeted to 23rd place.
However, a spirited fight back through the field and finished in 14th place.

our video is to follow but for starters see this one:
https://youtu.be/QUib_AfxHls

this is from a Mazda RX8 that finished the race in 3rd but could not get past our Clio. Really, we should have let him by but he said there were no blue flags and the other driver even stopped to congratulate him at the end.
Worth watching the whole 40 mins but the excitement starts after the safety car and pit stop (at around 8 minutes) which the Mazda got away with by pitting a lap later than we did and was not held nearly so long. And from 28 minutes long the overtaking is amazing, including taking 2 cars together in Paddock.
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Postby eastlmark » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:19 am

Riku's highlights video now here:

https://youtu.be/_0n3Bt_rvgU
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Re: Pit crew wanted./ Clio cup race season

Postby eastlmark » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:36 am

We are racing at Mallory Park on Saturday, August 1st. I have 1 spare ticket which I can post out on Monday if anyone interested in coming along. Special saloons, Modsports, modern classics and tin tops also on the Saturday bill.
User

turbell

Rank

Non Member

Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:13 am

Postby turbell » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:24 pm

Only just watched the Brands highlights.. :pray Best half hours watching I've had in ages Thank you for posting, I look forward to more.
Better a penniless free man, than a rich prisoner
User

RobS

Rank

Non Member

Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:02 am

Rugeley, Staffordshire

Postby RobS » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:02 pm

Would be interested in the spare ticket. Mallory not too far from me but never been before! Do you still need help in the Pits or are you fully manned now?
'82 R5 Alpine Turbo, '98 Fiat Barchetta, '97 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo, '04 Subaru Forester XT
Next

• Advertisement