Final race of the season- Brands Hatch 31st October

Competion events, results and regulations.

Moderators: eastlmark, simontaylor, Test Moderator

no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:50 pm

East London

Final race of the season- Brands Hatch 31st October

Postby eastlmark » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:14 am

Its Ricky's final race on Saturday 31st October at Brands Hatch and we will be out with the new Clio.
Practice is at 10.30 with the race scheduled for 14..30.
Also on the bill are modern classics and caterhams.
A "night" race is also on at 17.45 although we are not competing, it may be interesting to watch and a rare thing in British racing.
Might have spare tickets for this, let me know if interested. They are E tickets so you will need to print them out.
never thought I would want a list but now find myself needing one just to remind me: Clio V6 230, 5 gt turbo, 5 Gordini turbo, Megane RS 300 Trophy.
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Re: Final race of the season- Brands Hatch 31st October

Postby eastlmark » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:55 pm

Photographer wanted.

Would like some on track photos of the car for press releases etc if someone wants to volunteer? Will pay your entry and expenses in return. Miles maybe? Paul Sage?
never thought I would want a list but now find myself needing one just to remind me: Clio V6 230, 5 gt turbo, 5 Gordini turbo, Megane RS 300 Trophy.
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Postby eastlmark » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:14 pm

Free tickets for this weekend.
to try and encourage some support, I will be giving away free tickets to this event to all RAOC members who want to come.
Conditions are that you must turn up as I am paying for these and don't want to see them wasted!
They will be E tickets and you will need to print them out, I will need your email address to send them to. They cannot be copied as can only be scanned once.
either pm me or email me at: racingsystem03@gmail.com

ticket will allow Sunday access as well as far as I know but you might need a pass out of some sort on Saturday in order to get back in- ask at the gate if so, Although we are not racing on Sunday, there is a full day of future classics, swinging sixties and tin tops as well as another night race to round the weekend off.
User

RobS

Rank

Non Member

Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:02 am

Rugeley, Staffordshire

Postby RobS » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:05 pm

Sorry Mark, can't make it this weekend due to family commitments. Good luck & hope the minor damage from Silverstone popped out easily! Hope to see you again next season
'82 R5 Alpine Turbo, '98 Fiat Barchetta, '97 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo, '04 Subaru Forester XT
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Postby eastlmark » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:38 pm

RobS wrote:Sorry Mark, can't make it this weekend due to family commitments. Good luck & hope the minor damage from Silverstone popped out easily! Hope to see you again next season

Thanks Rob, shame we kept you busy in the pits or I might have some decent on track photos to use.
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Postby eastlmark » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:19 pm

All the E tickets have now gone, have a couple of hard tickets that can be left at the gate on the day if anyone wants them.
call me 07941355586. Keep trying as I might not hear the phone.
failing that any club member who wants to come along is welcome, pay at gate and I will reimburse you!
still looking for a photographer....
User

miles thomas

Rank

Non Member

Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:38 pm

west sussex

Postby miles thomas » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:35 am

Very well done Mark and Ricky.What a great way to finish off your season.
I'm just sorry I missed it :(
Onwards to next year with that new car it can only be better :up
Spider,Clio Tce,C4 Cactus, 1967 DS.
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Postby eastlmark » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:48 pm

Thanks all for the support and as Miles has said, it was a great end to the season. Although Riku was 2nd in qualifying at one stage, the drying track was getting faster and faster but he had a little off at Clearways and needed to be dragged from the gravel trap and having to sit there powerless watching all the other cars go faster and knock him down the starting order to 9th (even the Ferrari had beaten us!) but still 1st in class. But with wheels caked in mud and loads of gravel everywhere under the car. So a big clean up was underway, me under the car and Simon Gamblen dealing with the wheels.

These photos are in the assembly area shortly before the race and in qualifying order:
11219526_1514027582254696_5427995101106326049_n.jpg

This is a good pic of some of the faster cars in a different class that we race against.:
competition.jpg

A nice turnout of supporting Renaults as well:
IMG_1872.JPG

Race time then, rolling start and the Ferrari is dispatched on the first lap...as was the Focus. The Lotus retired which put us into 6th place but the Focus was making a strong come back and gaining and playing the pit strategy was important. We left Riku out in the hope that if the Focus caught him it would slow the focus down rather than bringing him in and giving the Focus clear air. the plan worked. The Focus pitted and we pitted the lap after with a great stop we pulled 20 seconds on the Focus. A lot of traffic to lap though and another Clio was gaining on us at one point but we held on to the 6tth place at the end. Riku had a little fight with a Honda ex BTCC car in the final laps, not realising it was 15 laps down in the race which could have ended in disaster but he got passed it safely and took the flag.
1st in class and 6th overall.

IMG_1874.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Postby eastlmark » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:01 pm

Meant to say, thanks for Simon G, Simon Best, Mark Wicks and Tony Smith for coming along and also Simon G's Friend, sorry not good with names! Thanks also for all the messages of encouragement from those who couldn't make it.
User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:33 pm

Fleet, Hampshire

Postby simontaylor » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:51 pm

Nice report, great pictures too.
Well done Daddy G and Sonny G.
1986 : '86 GTA v6 BW-EFR turbo, with Adaptronic ECU
Firsts at
2007 : Gurston Down & RAOC Champion
2008 : Rushmoor & Eelmoor & ACSMC Hillclimb class Champion
2009 : Longcross & Eelmoor
2010 : Crystal Palace & Eelmoor
2016 : Rushmoor & 5th O/A
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Postby eastlmark » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:56 am

Video now on You tube.

https://youtu.be/0EfkjbFXxw4
no avatar
User

rupert

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:39 pm

Plymouth, Devon

Postby rupert » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:29 pm

Great effort. Enjoyed that! Well done.
User

si21

Rank

Non Member

Mon May 09, 2005 8:24 pm

S.E London

Postby si21 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:02 am

Apologies for the very late reply Mark & Riku. Great drive Riku great move round the outside of the Civic round Druids. Was great fun happy to help where I can this year too ;-)

Si21

• Advertisement