Racing 2017

Competion events, results and regulations.

Moderators: eastlmark, simontaylor, Test Moderator

no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:50 pm

East London

Re: Racing 2017

Postby eastlmark » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:58 am

stephendell wrote:Results please. Do we have a championship winner?

yes 2 class wins, mathematically won championship at last round so all good on that front. Thanks for those who did turn up SwagSupercarsdad (Ian as well as Lucas), AlpineAndy and of course Simon Gamblen.

2 class wins again at Brands Hatch. admittedly not much class opposition but as usual Riku mixes it with the bigger boys and was keen to put on a show for the Michelin Clio cup guys as well as the Renault UK people here for the Clio Cup Junior Series.
Qualified 8th (reporting of low grip at rear, I think I may have stuffed the tyres at Croix by giving passenger rides last weekend!) got passed at the start in race one by a BMW who was living up the makes reputation by clearly jumping the lights... although by the end Riku made amends and finished in front of him in 6th place thanks to some unreliability issues with some of the turbo cars.
Race 2 turned into a bit of a crash fest with a lot of damaged cars in the end. We got through unscathed in a bit of lonely race but finished 5th overall.
Our times were a bit slow in comparison to other races this year, despite big set up changes between races as I mentioned, maybe the rear tyres are just past their best or we have other issues. I did over fuel the car as well so 10 litres of fuel as ballast didn't help. Who knows. 2 class wins though so not complaining.

IMG_3356.JPG

IMG_3359.JPG

Points standings:
points standings Sept.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
never thought I would want a list but now find myself needing one just to remind me: Clio V6 230, 5 gt turbo, 5 Gordini turbo, Megane RS 300 Trophy.
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:50 pm

East London

Re: Racing 2017

Postby eastlmark » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:21 am

a few pics from the last race, thanks to Rafal Biniszewski.

FAF240917-DSC5902.jpg

FAF240917-DSC6045.jpg

FAF240917-DSC6090.jpg

FAF240917-DSC6208.jpg

FAF240917-DSC6253.jpg

and here is Lucas's video of the day.
https://youtu.be/ZqjGcpdpHkw
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
never thought I would want a list but now find myself needing one just to remind me: Clio V6 230, 5 gt turbo, 5 Gordini turbo, Megane RS 300 Trophy.
Previous

• Advertisement