New Alpine A110 owners experiences and photos.

Renault & Alpine General Discussion

Moderators: eastlmark, phildini, BIG_MVS, Alpineandy, Test Moderator

no avatar
User

Cochrane

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 20, 2016 8:09 pm

Re: New Alpine A110 owners experiences and photos.

Postby Cochrane » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:38 pm

Hi sladey

If you pm your reg or vin number, I can check to see what’s been done. There is a software update for the ABS system for this message, not saying this needs it, but it’s possible. I can check to see if applies if you wish.
Tim at Solihull is a good guy, as for RAC , personally I prefer when they don’t reset warnings as it makes tougher to diagnose.
no avatar
User

sladey

Rank

Non Member

Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:27 pm

New Alpine A110 owners experiences and photos.

Postby sladey » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:05 pm

Brill thanks - I’ll PM you

And yes Tim is a good guy. My frustration isn’t with him
no avatar
User

Simon Owen

Rank

Non Member

Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:46 pm

Postby Simon Owen » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:46 pm

Hi guys, does anybody know where I can source a trolley jack adapter to suit the slot in the u/s of the A110 ?

I assume this is something that just sits on the jack / just wondering do people bother or just jack off a flat rubber plate.

Thanks.
User

JonT

Rank

Non Member

Thu May 30, 2019 3:26 pm

Postby JonT » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:40 pm

I've just used a hockey puck thing between the jack and the jacking point - but related question, does anyone know what the points are for use with axle stands? The Elise has a problem that the rear biased weight means if you're using stands, you need to take the undertrays off and use stands nearer the back of the car. Does the Alpine have something similar? I've not seen anything in the manual, but it must have similar weight distribution. When I've had the undertrays off it's not been obvious which bits might be suitable for use with stands.
no avatar
User

LMS

Rank

Non Member

Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:51 am

Postby LMS » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:47 pm

JonT wrote:I had my first track day in the Alpine over the weekend. A very greasy and damp snetterton, but was great fun and the car went very well.

Quick snippet from the morning - I was still working out the wet lines, I've only done Snett in the dry before.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2_6u2Zd7T8

Last months Geo definitely proved its value.

Many thanks for posting this- I overlooked it when it was first posted- Would you. mind letting me know which camera and mount you use- many thanks
User

JonT

Rank

Non Member

Postby JonT » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:33 am

LMS wrote:
JonT wrote:I had my first track day in the Alpine over the weekend. A very greasy and damp snetterton, but was great fun and the car went very well.

Quick snippet from the morning - I was still working out the wet lines, I've only done Snett in the dry before.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2_6u2Zd7T8

Last months Geo definitely proved its value.

Many thanks for posting this- I overlooked it when it was first posted- Would you. mind letting me know which camera and mount you use- many thanks

It's a mobius2 camera. The mount is a generic suction tripod mount that I stuck to the screen between cabin and engine bay, then used cable ties to the passenger seat harness cutouts as a secondary tether. I keep debating about upgrading to a gopro, but for the little use I make of it can't really justify the cost.
no avatar
User

lh0121

Rank

Non Member

Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:22 pm

Postby lh0121 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:50 pm

sladey wrote:Just reporting a problem in having. I daily drive mine (which is fantastic, especially with life110 settings and springs)

Last summer I went on holiday for a week. When I came back it was showing a brake error and said do not drive. I had it recovered to Solihull. They could t find anything wrong and said it was likely to be connected to a low battery.

Over Christmas I didn’t drive it for a week. Same problem. It’s been trailered to Solihull again. They reset the codes and all is good.

This seems ridiculous to me and the response has been I should consider getting a charger. You should be able to leave a car for a week surely!? And if you have issues they should be low battery, not disabling the car!!!?

Anyway does anyone know where I can get something that will allow me to reset codes myself?

Hi Sladey, mine is currently at Solihull also, the exact same fault prompted the visit (RAC were terrible and I never managed to get the car towed, I had to risk the drive to drop it off), but it appears my car has stood for a good while before I purchased it a week and a half earlier and the inside brake pads have seized, not touching the discs when braking, now requiring new discs & pads, a brake system clean and new pins. Currently awaiting parts. I believe the initial fault was down to having a low charge in the battery (probably not helped by being left standing previously).

Frustrating but i can’t fault Tim who has been very good in assisting me, also contacting the centre I bought from to arrange for them to cover the costs. I had it booked in for the Life110 geometry but had to cancel until I can get the car back.
no avatar
User

sladey

Rank

Non Member

Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:27 pm

Postby sladey » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:03 am

If you speak to Tim about it then he should sort you out - a code has been applied to mine now which should apparently fix the problem

You will love the life110 setup
no avatar
User

MikeA37

Rank

Non Member

Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:04 pm

Postby MikeA37 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:34 pm

The brake seizing and error messages ,........
Keep parking brake off when parked for long term, if safe to do so. May stop the issues described?
Posted about this before, and instructions in handbook.
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Postby stephendell » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:10 am

Yes the integrated electric handbrake doesn’t like being left on for extended periods especially outside in the damp or wet.
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
no avatar
User

alpine_ecosse

Rank

Non Member

Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:31 pm

Postby alpine_ecosse » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:28 pm

Had the same problem. The message was an error, braking performance was ok. Dealer sorted by reloading the software. My car was in storage but battery wasn't flat and fault error appeared when car was stationary.
User

JonT

Rank

Non Member

Postby JonT » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:04 am

A lovely day at Donington yesterday. The new life110 pads worked well, although incredibly dusty!

It was amazing how many folk were interested in the car and complimentary about it (and quite a few surprised how quick it was too :D ). The circuit photographer said he'd barely seen any on track, while the new GR Yaris was already common as muck (2 of them there yesterday)

I had a very long chat with a Mclaren owner who was taking his car on track for the first time but really interested in the Alpine. Cold weather was great, helped with temps all around. I do wonder how well the brakes would stand up on a hotter day in the summer - but I do have the smaller brakes on my car.

I did record some video although the camera mount was set a little low, but I'll try and have a look over the weekend and see if there's any footage worth sharing.

I noticed my rear lights are suffering with a bit of condensation - maybe warm engine bay and cold outside temps contributing. Has anyone else had this? My worry is long term effects on the electronics given they won't be cheap units to replace.
no avatar
User

Dan Dare

Rank

Non Member

Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:52 am

Postby Dan Dare » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:23 pm

JonT wrote:I noticed my rear lights are suffering with a bit of condensation - maybe warm engine bay and cold outside temps contributing. Has anyone else had this? My worry is long term effects on the electronics given they won't be cheap units to replace.

Hi Jon,

Yes I've noticed some condensation in my rear lamps as well - but was hoping that as summer arrives this will gradually clear up. Not sure if the units are fully sealed or not. If this persists might mention it at the first service and get it checked just in case.
no avatar
User

LMS

Rank

Non Member

Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:51 am

Postby LMS » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:01 am

I've got that condensation as well I'm afraid Jon.

Glad to hear it performed well on track though
User

JonT

Rank

Non Member

Postby JonT » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:44 am

Good to hear that at least it's not just me with the condensation. I've got a couple of photos at different times now, so will mention it at the next service. It's certainly not worth a trip to the dealer on its own.

I'd certainly encourage folk to get on track if you haven't already just to see how competent these cars are. If you're worried about driving standards or etiquette (which to be fair, does vary quite a lot), Lotus-on-Track accept Alpines and I've always found their days exceptionally well run and have further days booked with them this year (FTAOD, Weds was run by MSV), although I hope to get the Caterham out for a couple too.
PreviousNext

• Advertisement