auto log in?

If you have a question about the website, including how to use or find a feature, please check these posts or add your own question.

When reporting an issue, please try to include details that will help to track it down. including Device information (PC, mac, Tablet, Phone etc) and what browser you are using including its version number.

If you need to contact an Administrator, please email mail@renaultalpine.co.uk

Moderators: eastlmark, phildini, BIG_MVS, Alpineandy, Test Moderator

Forum rules
If you have a question about the website, including how to use or find a feature, please check these posts or add your own question.

When reporting an issue, please try to include details that will help to track it down. including Device information (PC, mac, Tablet, Phone etc) and what browser you are using including its version number.
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:50 pm

East London

auto log in?

Postby eastlmark » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:52 am

Is it just me? suddenly need to keep re- logging in despite having ticked all the boxes etc and never having to log in before?
never thought I would want a list but now find myself needing one just to remind me: Clio V6 230, 5 gt turbo, 5 Gordini turbo, Megane RS 300 Trophy.
User

mettersl

Rank

Non Member

Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:46 pm

Saffron Walden- North Essex

Re: auto log in?

Postby mettersl » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:59 pm

It's been like that for a couple of months for me, on mobile anyway, plc stays logged in.
User

SwagSupercarsDad

Rank

Non Member

Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:36 pm

Postby SwagSupercarsDad » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:37 pm

eastlmark wrote:Is it just me? suddenly need to keep re- logging in despite having ticked all the boxes etc and never having to log in before?

With me, Mark, it always logged me out when I was using the Avast SafeZone browser, but after I switched back to Chrome then I've never been logged out - perhaps something to do with cookies?
Ian
... with a Little ::Y ::E ::L ::L ::O ::W
::S ::P ::I ::D ::E ::R - and that was nice! :D
User

The Saint

Rank

Administrator

Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:55 am

Rugby Warwickshire

Postby The Saint » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:07 am

Ok ??? well I have not adjusted or changed anything... I will take a quick look and see if Stephen has adjusted any settings, but I doubt that very much, as he has never done before...
Maybe clear your cache, that often seems to clear most of my issues..
Thanks Vince..
The Saint.
Blue A610,
Black Smart Roadster.
SmartEDElectric Drive
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:50 pm

East London

Postby eastlmark » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:07 pm

is all back to normal now whatever the cause.
never thought I would want a list but now find myself needing one just to remind me: Clio V6 230, 5 gt turbo, 5 Gordini turbo, Megane RS 300 Trophy.
User

SwagSupercarsDad

Rank

Non Member

Postby SwagSupercarsDad » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:45 pm

eastlmark wrote:is all back to normal now whatever the cause.

Very odd. It's been working OK for me for the last few weeks too - although Chrome did log me out once earlier this week.
User

SuperSean

Rank

Administrator

Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:57 pm

Postby SuperSean » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:36 am

Old post but I'll throw my 2c in..
My guess would be one or a combination of the following

COOKIE EXPIRY DATE
When you select the Remember Me option.. your browser is sent a cookie that remembers your login details. These cookies expire one year after being issued.. and as we updated the site jan/feb 2014 then im guessibg you first logged in about then, so they would be expiring at about the time you noticed the issue.

DELETED COOKIES
Its possible that either you, your antivirus/malware or other app had deleted cookies from your browser's history. Also, some disk cleanup software will delete older cookies in an effort to free up disk space.

BROWSER UPDATE
If your browser has recently updated, the update process may have cleared your cache and cookies.

CHANGED BROWSER
Browsers don't share cookies, so if you log in with Chrome, then come back in Firefox, you'll need to log in again.

GREMLINS
Cookies are tasty... so best keep em' hidden after midnight.
User

SwagSupercarsDad

Rank

Non Member

Postby SwagSupercarsDad » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:28 pm

Not sure if this might help anyone else having this problem with continuously needing to keep logging back in, but I've kept being kicked off the forum for the last week or so (needing to log back in every time, and not being able to use the search facility at all). I then noticed that I was on the renaultalpineownersclub.co.uk site, but if I switched to renaultalpine.co.uk (which both appear to be identical - and is what I'm on now) then the cookie stays working and I'm not getting logged out.
Can anyone explain why there are two site names and why one works and the other doesn't?

• Advertisement