User

xranalli

Rank

Non Member

Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:02 pm

A310 reinforcing bar

Postby xranalli » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:37 am

Dear friends
is the tube in the picture usable to mount a reinforcing bar?
Wich king of screew should be used (M10, M12...)?
Thanks

IMG_20171002_102719.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
no avatar
User

xranalli

Rank

Non Member

Re: A310 reinforcing bar

Postby xranalli » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:13 pm

..like this

c458-engine-thumb.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User

johnb

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:57 pm

Cheshire

Postby johnb » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:27 pm

I managed to fit one. I had the bar made at a local stainless steel fabricators using 22mm outside diameter stainless tube. Welded to each end are M10 threaded inserts, one left hand thread and the other right hand thread. This was to make adjustment of the bar length easier. Into the inserts are screwed M10 rod ends with half nuts (lh and rh) to lock the rod after length adjustment.

To attach the bar to the tubes on the top of the suspension turrets I used lengths of M10 screwed rod with nyloc nuts on the inner ends that aren’t visible. A bit tricky to fit the nuts but I gripped the rods at the visible ends whilst tightening the nuts. Then I placed washers and plain nuts on the screwed rods and tightened the plain nuts tight against the chassis tubes. The assembled reinforcing bar could then be fitted and adjusted for length followed by fitting spring washers and plain M10 nuts to the ends of the screwed rods. The photos hopefully show this.

I bought the rod ends, screwed inserts and half nuts from McGill Motorsport in the UK. The screwed rod, washers and plain nuts could be from any fastener supplier or local hardware shop.

http://www.mcgillmotorsport.com

The parts ordered were:-

1 off left hand rod end SAKL10B
1 off right hand rod end SAK10B
1 off left hand screwed insert INSM10L
1 off right hand screwed insert INSM10R
1 off left hand half nut JNLM10
1 off right hand half nut JNRM10

If you decide to buy from McGill you can search on the above reference numbers to look at the items. You will note that the half nuts are shown in packs of 10. I asked and they did supply just the quantities I wanted.
1970 A110V85 and 1980 A310V6.
no avatar
User

xranalli

Rank

Non Member

Postby xranalli » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:57 am

well done
many many thanks :up

• Advertisement