no avatar
User

Custard

Rank

Non Member

Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:02 pm

New 110 at Goodwood

Postby Custard » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:26 pm

Sounds like a good day would have loved to be there and had a drive in one!
But unfortunately Alpine in there wisdom did not really promote the event to the very people that might be interested in buying one i.e. the club members that have kept the brand alive on this forum under the events section.
I only live a short distance from the circuit over the years have spent a fortune on alpines 610, and building a Lemans and probably spent more than the cost of the new Alpine and potentially I’m interested in buying a new one, had my name down at Winchester for a test drive never had a reply back and now this l don’t know how other club members feel but its pretty poor.
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Re: New 110 at Goodwood

Postby clee » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:48 pm

Typical of Alpine/Renault and tbh this club.
Remember Renault doesn't support the older models at all and they sold all the stock of a few years ago.......
I'm sure RAOC knew about the event but I haven't seen any posts about it either on here.
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:50 pm

East London

Postby eastlmark » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:17 pm

clee wrote:Typical of Alpine/Renault and tbh this club.
Remember Renault doesn't support the older models at all and they sold all the stock of a few years ago.......
I'm sure RAOC knew about the event but I haven't seen any posts about it either on here.

It is mentioned in the new Alpine thread and discussed there, namely the overpricing of it. The fact that Alpine in the UK failed to invite or involve us in it is not really the fault of RAOC. Was also in the Twitter feed.
never thought I would want a list but now find myself needing one just to remind me: Clio V6 230, 5 gt turbo, 5 Gordini turbo, Megane RS 300 Trophy.
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:28 pm

eastlmark wrote:

It is mentioned in the new Alpine thread and discussed there, namely the overpricing of it. The fact that Alpine in the UK failed to invite or involve us in it is not really the fault of RAOC. Was also in the Twitter feed.
No but it could have been mentioned as the Bicester meets are etc.
A bit more effort put in than just ...well it was mentioned in passing in a thread.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
User

AlpineMcr

Rank

Non Member

Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:37 pm

Manchester

Postby AlpineMcr » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:16 pm

Custard wrote:Sounds like a good day would have loved to be there and had a drive in one!
But unfortunately Alpine in there wisdom did not really promote the event to the very people that might be interested in buying one i.e. the club members that have kept the brand alive on this forum under the events section.
I only live a short distance from the circuit over the years have spent a fortune on alpines 610, and building a Lemans and probably spent more than the cost of the new Alpine and potentially I’m interested in buying a new one, had my name down at Winchester for a test drive never had a reply back and now this l don’t know how other club members feel but its pretty poor.
Sorry to hear about your disappointment at not being at the event and apparent lack of communication.

The event had been pushed to people who had registered for updates on the Alpine app, as well as the usual social media channels and was available for both new A110 and heritage Alpine owners.

Obviously space was strictly limited but the event was first offered to owners old and new, before availability was given to the Alpine Centre's to invite enquiries....with even more limited availability.

The four Alpine Retail Group dealerships (Manchester, Solihull, Orpington and London West) had a meeting with the UK territory manager whilst together at Goodwood and agreed we want to involve R.A.O.C and C.A.R with upcoming events, which are likely to start in the new year.

We'll be establishing an event calendar shortly, with some save the dates and would like the chance to see where you guys can fit us in.

Let me know if you've got any ideas on what we could put together or if anyone wants to organise a planning meeting with me and/or the other members of our team.

ian.duncalfe@alpinecars.com

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
User

Bazzer501

Rank

Non Member

Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:04 pm

Barton Stacey, Hampshire

Postby Bazzer501 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:57 pm

Hi all,
I for one would have LOVED to have attended in my A610...but FROM €440 for the day (Circa £387.00) then that's a lot to have to payout for a day at Goodwood.
I went to the ASAN track day at Croix (only €100), in fact €440 would have paid for the track day, two nights B&B and Eurotunnel,so a no brainer then. Clubs like RAOC and CAR should certainly be invited but at €440 for the day...you won't see me there, need to be much more realistic...!
Cheers, Barry

Alistair Sommerville, @ali_sommerville

Can’t wait to host UK Alpine owners at Goodwood Circuit on the 16th October 2018. Bring your own @alpine_cars A110 or classic
on track from €440 for a full day at #lapistebleue. Subscribe at http://www.lapistebleue.com/en/goodwood
Yellow 1993 Alpine Renault A610
no avatar
User

Custard

Rank

Non Member

Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:02 pm

Postby Custard » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:15 pm

thanks for that, I don’t think I am the only one but a lot of us old farts / over 50s believe it or not are not in to social media, as I have to much to do all day than walking around with my head down looking at the phone.
Steven at the club has got uther things on his mind at the moment, but it would be good to sort something so the hard core Alpine members over the years can get to drive one, personally if I was going to buy one it would be in left hand drive if that is possible.
User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:33 pm

Fleet, Hampshire

Postby simontaylor » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:18 pm

Where do i get this Alpine App from, that is mentioned please?
1986 : '86 GTA v6 BW-EFR turbo, with Adaptronic ECU
Firsts at
2007 : Gurston Down & RAOC Champion
2008 : Rushmoor & Eelmoor & ACSMC Hillclimb class Champion
2009 : Longcross & Eelmoor
2010 : Crystal Palace & Eelmoor
2016 : Rushmoor & 5th O/A
User

AlpineMcr

Rank

Non Member

Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:37 pm

Manchester

Postby AlpineMcr » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:37 pm

simontaylor wrote:Where do i get this Alpine App from, that is mentioned please?
You can download the Alpine app on Android at:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ine.alpine

And iPhone at:
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/alpine/ ... 83451?mt=8

Register an account and check the news section on the main menu.

Incidentally, this is also how you make a reservation for a new vehicle.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Postby stephendell » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:49 pm

Unfair and negative comment as usual as to be expected from you.

As Mark says it was openly discussed on here but it was an Alpine event not a club one and at €440 euros for Goodwood midweek who was going to go?

I even discussed the pricing on the forum in detail having booked the circuit several times and it should have been much cheaper as it was a midweek winter track day. But I guessed it was loaded as Goodwood felt a manufacturer could afford it.

I know that it was aimed mainly at new owners and prospective owners and was primarily a marketing exercise, although I understand some that turned up on the day in their new cars managed to get a freebie.

More classic attendance would have been nice, apparently there was an A310 & an A110 as Goodwood is a public venue but there was no official invite or communication. I knew no more than anyone else.

I should add that this was no refelection on the UK dealers like Tim who have been nothing but helpful. This was a French organised event aimed at new owners and I don’t think any clubs were invited to any of the other European events either.
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart

• Advertisement