User

cloudburst

Rank

Non Member

Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:45 pm

Northern Ireland

New A110 Infotainment System

Postby cloudburst » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:54 am

Thought I'd start a topic for this as I have a few questions and I'm sure other owners will too!

I noticed in the manual that there is an adjustment in the sound settings for Equaliser Presets. However, I don't have this option. Is this due to having the particular Focal audio system which the PE cars came with?

Also, in nav mode, although I've enabled 'driving recommendations' which is supposed to show speed limits, I've never noticed any yet on the map display. Anyone have a different experience?

In the phone settings, although I've enabled the display of incoming SMS messages, I've not seen any. Perhaps this doesn't work with iOS?

MySPIN, hmm, I'm not sure what value there is. It initially connected but then seemingly disconnected from my iPhone X (iOS 12.0.1) on my first attempt to investigate, so it would need to be pretty special to warrant faffing about on each trip to plug your phone in!

Lastly, has anyone gone through the process of updating the infotainment system firmware? How does one check the version?

CB
Renault 5 Turbo2 (previously) - met. brown
Renaultsport Clio V5 255 (previously) - met. red
Alpine A110 Première Édition - met. blue
no avatar
User

bcr5784

Rank

Non Member

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:47 pm

Re: New A110 Infotainment System

Postby bcr5784 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:59 am

Can't be of help - but, like you, speed limits are not displayed despite the option being set, and no equaliser settings (I do wonder if it is Focal - being a serious hifi company take the view that they know better than you. A bit like a chef taking the view that he knows best what seasoning his dish requires!)
no avatar
User

bcr5784

Rank

Non Member

Postby bcr5784 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:25 pm

Possibly a related problem: I have managed to input speed cameras as my POIs.(Its CSV format) I can search and find them, but the option to warn near my POIs does not work. Anyone got further info on the format for POIs - on a Garmin or TomTom you can input an icon and a sound file - so the warning comes up as "Gatso" etc. As with the format for sound or video files there is no info in the book and you just have to experiment until you find something that does work.
no avatar
User

LMS

Rank

Non Member

Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:51 am

Postby LMS » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:35 pm

I did email focal for some info but they ignored me- twice.
no avatar
User

Laikathedog

Rank

Non Member

Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:12 pm

London, uk

Postby Laikathedog » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:29 am

Admittedly i sm using an iPod from 2010...

It sees the iPod just fine but defaults to play the entire contents in alphabetical order...
If I choose an artist and album it plays one track then decides to play the next track from alphabetical order from the entire device... so frustrating

Myspin says it has no compatible apps installed... I thought Renault were using "android play" as their method of linking content.

The nav will not show speed warning and sends me the most bizarre routes..

The radio defaults to fm-ast static noise... so i just leave volume at 0... no need for infotainment at all.

Bluetooth works :) but it did in my last car from 1998...

Please please please can we have a system update !!

Question : in The manual it refers to using a usb stick for storage and GPS lap time datalogging... how???
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:50 pm

East London

Postby eastlmark » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:07 pm

Laikathedog wrote:Admittedly i sm using an iPod from 2010...

It sees the iPod just fine but defaults to play the entire contents in alphabetical order...
If I choose an artist and album it plays one track then decides to play the next track from alphabetical order from the entire device... so frustrating

I think that is a quirk of the ipod/ phone as adjusting the settings on the device somehow, cannot remember exactly, gets it back to genuine shuffle mode but occasionally reverts back to alphabetical- guessing its a default setting? My no1 A song is A daisy through the Galaxy by Eels and boy do I never want to hear its intro ever again!
never thought I would want a list but now find myself needing one just to remind me: Clio V6 230, 5 gt turbo, 5 Gordini turbo, Megane RS 300 Trophy.
no avatar
User

Laikathedog

Rank

Non Member

Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:12 pm

London, uk

Postby Laikathedog » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:27 am

After a couple if weeks and 1600 miles I actually quite like the system now !
Don't have any use for myspin... no compatible apps! And given up on ipod..
I do like the home screen.. that is quite clever
User

cloudburst

Rank

Non Member

Northern Ireland

Postby cloudburst » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:31 pm

Anyone else noticed the Voice Control system is sometimes inactive and needs more the car to be stopped, locked etc to cause it to reinitialise?

Wonder what’s the way to check firmware and what the latest version is?

CB
User

reprs

Rank

Non Member

Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:59 pm

Postby reprs » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:49 pm

cloudburst wrote:Anyone else noticed the Voice Control system is sometimes inactive and needs more the car to be stopped, locked etc to cause it to reinitialise?

Wonder what’s the way to check firmware and what the latest version is?

CB

Yes, now 5400 miles in and my voice control has done the same thing a few times. Seems like it’s not registering it unless I switch the car off then back on.
no avatar
User

bcr5784

Rank

Non Member

Postby bcr5784 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:56 am

Not had that particular one, but there seems to be the odd occasion or two where one feature or another locks up and requires a DC reset. The phone muted itself the other day, though you could make and connect calls (silently) and receive sms messages (didn't know it would display the messages to you before ). Hopefully such bugs will be fixed by a software update. Don't know whether the recall covers that as well as the fan issue
User

cloudburst

Rank

Non Member

Northern Ireland

Postby cloudburst » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:34 pm

Another new one... the infotainment system completely rebooted the other day whilst I was on a phone-call. Came back okay and all this happened whilst driving.

@AlpineMcr - do you happen to know how we can check our firmware versions and apply any recent updates?

CB
User

AlpineMcr

Rank

Non Member

Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:37 pm

Manchester

Postby AlpineMcr » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:00 pm

cloudburst wrote:Another new one... the infotainment system completely rebooted the other day whilst I was on a phone-call. Came back okay and all this happened whilst driving.

@AlpineMcr - do you happen to know how we can check our firmware versions and apply any recent updates?

CB
I've had a word with our technician and as I suspected there's no way of a customer checking the software number, or updating it manually. This would need to be done at dealer, if any updates were available

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:18 pm

Just updated the infotainment system in the GTA. Image

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
User

paulrob100

Rank

Non Member

Sat May 02, 2015 9:20 pm

Nottingham

Postby paulrob100 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:40 pm

Yeah, the freebie cassettes you were handing out at the last RATS open day are still being played in my GTA :super
La Plastique Fantastique :GTA
no avatar
User

Dave Williams

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:43 pm

Surrey

Postby Dave Williams » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:57 am

clee wrote:Just updated the infotainment system in the GTA. Image

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Pop/car quiz question...there is a connection between Blondie and the Alpine GTA/A610...but who and/or what is it ?
Next

• Advertisement