no avatar
User

Custard

Rank

Non Member

Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:02 pm

Re: Citroen rally project

Postby Custard » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:13 pm

Thanks for that it is a mega project but hopefully the bulk is now done it is pretty small now and even with the cage in it feels pretty light, however back in the day they didn’t really have cages in them brave men.
I think I have gone over the top with the cage to do historical stuff but having driven some of the roads that the rally’s do in Europe I think I will have as much metal around me as possible for some of them even though I am not going to win.
Chopping the roof down and reforming was hard as the car tapers to the rear and also I thought that the head room would be an issue with the cage in and wearing helmets, but there is enough room surprisingly.
It is going to be interesting when I first drive it one day, what is it going to be like how will it handle ect hopefully it should be pretty good but unlike anything I have ever driven.
User

johnb

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:57 pm

Cheshire

Re: Citroen rally project

Postby johnb » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:24 am

Best of luck with the project.

On the subject of these Citroens, there's one a couple of miles from where I live that's been parked on the pavement for at least 10 years. I've lived in the locality for more than 30 years and it almost seems that the car has always been there. It's on a main road and I pass it frequently.

These Street View shots are dated August 2016.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1970 A110V85 and 1980 A310V6.
Previous

• Advertisement