stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Re: GTA not running

Postby stephendell » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:58 pm

Hi Barry, the wiring diagrams are in sperate manuals and are year specific. There is a further manual for the renix system.
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
no avatar
User

bazzamac

Rank

Non Member

Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:24 am

Canberra, Australia

Postby bazzamac » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:20 am

Thanks for your reply Stephen. I have the wiring diagram for the GTA Turbo but the connections to the ecu are very difficult to read even with a magnifying glass. Hence my request. If what you have is clear to read is it possible to buy a Renix manual? My GTA is a 1987 model. I just need a simple A4 size diagram that clearly show the PIN numbers and what they do if that is what is in the Renix manual.
User

JohnC

Rank

Non Member

Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:19 pm

Jersey C.I.

Postby JohnC » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:52 am

IMG_20190406_0001.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1990 GTA Atmo, 2003 Jaguar X type 2.5SE Auto, 2018 Kia Picanto GT-Line-S 1.25
no avatar
User

bazzamac

Rank

Non Member

Canberra, Australia

Postby bazzamac » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:05 am

Hi John

Thanks so much. Really appreciate copy of the terminals pins. Now to do some checking.

Barry
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

London

Postby stephendell » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:19 pm

Good luck
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
no avatar
User

bazzamac

Rank

Non Member

Canberra, Australia

Postby bazzamac » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:53 am

Success at last. GTA now running. I thought my mechanic had installed another TDC sensor and so logically I started looking elsewhere for the problem. Could not find anything wrong so went back to the start and tested the TDC sensor. No resistance. Removed it and tested it on my Fuego Turbo and sure enough it did not work. Have a number of spare TDCs from 2 litre Fuegos and tested them in the Fuego Turbo and all worked. So selected one with the longest lead, renewed the connections and bingo she started. All was not in vain - renovated the engine bay while it was on my car trailer ( have since concluded that it would have been far easier having the engine out), found exhaust gaskets esp on the LHS were very much past their use by date, installed new bits and pieces like plugs, distributor cap and rotor button, cleaned up and POR 15 the coolant pipes and other bits prone to rust and learnt a lot more about the motor.

This is the second TDC I have renewed in the GTA only after 3 or so years and never had a problem with them in any of my Fuegos. I realise heat from the turbo is an issue and they have heat shrouds on them but appears that is not always a guarantee one will not fail. Perhaps a heat shield could be installed if that was possible???
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

London

Postby stephendell » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:16 am

Gta tdc should have heavy duty heat proofing on the wiring. That’s the only difference between gta tdc and standard ones. Check you have fitted some for longevity.
no avatar
User

bazzamac

Rank

Non Member

Canberra, Australia

Postby bazzamac » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:12 am

Thanks for your response Stephen. Will get a new one from Simons Auto. However, it was a new one from Simons Auto that failed. In the meantime, will see how long the one I have installed lasts.

Cheers

Barry
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

London

Postby stephendell » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:08 pm

You may do better to purchase some high quality heat proof sleeving from demon Tweeks or ebay and insulate a regular one yourself
Previous

• Advertisement