New Alpine A110 owners experiences and photos.

Renault & Alpine General Discussion

Moderators: eastlmark, phildini, BIG_MVS, Alpineandy, Test Moderator

no avatar
User

bcr5784

Rank

Non Member

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:47 pm

Re: New Alpine A110 owners experiences and photos.

Postby bcr5784 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:17 pm

Sfo wrote:
Simon1397 wrote:, aluminium pedals and passenger footrest,

passenger footrest eats up some legroom .. though it looks great

Agreed, but it does make for a more comfortable sitting position. Without the footrest your feet are offset to the right. It's a consideration if any passengers are VERY tall. On the other hand if the passengers are below average height the footrest eats into the stowage space behind the seat. I'm small and there is easily enough room to get a airline carry on bag behind my seat (getting it there does require quite a bit of seat shuffling). My wife is a tad smaller but we can't comfortably one behind her seat - precisely because of the footrest.

Yer pays yer money and yer makes yer choice.
no avatar
User

Simon1397

Rank

Non Member

Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:23 pm

Postby Simon1397 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:17 pm

I thought there would be less passenger space with the footrest but I think they do improve comfort. When I mentioned it to my wife during the discussion around the specification she said 'thanks' so I believe I'm on safe ground with her; less so with the dog!
1981 Renault 5 Turbo 1
2019 Alpine A110 Pure
no avatar
User

Mark10

Rank

Non Member

Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:49 pm

Postby Mark10 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:53 pm

Prestonese wrote:Nice plate and welcome!

Did you keep the 17 inch wheels on your pure? I hear that very few cars have them so would be keen to hear of people's experience with it.

I have a suspicion it would be the sweet spot but it's the fashion to go large with wheels these days.

Thank you!

As sladey mentions above I have the 18inch Fuchs. I wanted the bigger brakes so the 17inch variants were not a option.
Last edited by Mark10 on Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
no avatar
User

Mark10

Rank

Non Member

Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:49 pm

Postby Mark10 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:02 pm

sladey wrote:Looks gorgeous - can I ask how much the gold ppf treatment was? Pm if you’d rather

The Gold package for the Alpine is £1,600. Elliot uses Xpel PPF and they have a template for the car.

He has a lovely new fully covered race trailer and offers very reasonable rates for collection / delivery services.
no avatar
User

sladey

Rank

Non Member

Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:27 pm

Postby sladey » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:03 am

Thanks
no avatar
User

nyc863

Rank

Non Member

Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:03 am

Postby nyc863 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:29 am

I don't want to create a thread just for my pondering.
In the spirit of "new a110 experiences" I'll say that so far I've only had a test drive and of course it was fantastic!

Down under there are still a few Premiere editions available, and I'm in a situation where I can either buy one of the few left OR take a pre-optioned Legend for more money. The Legende here, optioned up with brakes, sports exhaust, includes all Premier edition stuff PLUS heated adjustable seats plus this one has the subwoofer, storage and reversing camera and front sensors. It lacks nothing except the serial number plaque and brings more. It is also in iridescent white.

So I'm faced with a choice: do I save 20kg curb weight and get fixed seats, no camera, no subwoofer and fuchs wheels or spend about 8% more and get the Legende ex-stock? Yes, paying 8% more for adjustable seats, stereo, storage bin and camera and 2% more weight.
I'm ambivalent about the color. Both are great. And I like the stock Legende wheels

I've heard some reviewers say the fixed seats didn't suit them on 2 hour drives. Where I am in Australia requires a longish drive to "get away" no matter what direction. I'm also pretty keen on the reversing camera. That's two (+) for the legende.

On the other hand I've an eye to depreciation over a few years or more of ownership.

Does anyone argue a "premiere" edition will retain more value than a legende from the same year? Here in australia at least this is going to remain a niche vehicle with limited imports I believe because of an airbag rule. I've no idea if that will make it more difficult to sell, or less.

(By the way both legende and premiere edition are priced here well under a Cayman let alone a Cayman with options let alone a Cayman S. Premiere and Legende straddle an M2 competition price).

thanks for any help.
no avatar
User

sladey

Rank

Non Member

Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:27 pm

Postby sladey » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:18 am

So you’re balancing supposed future value against the car that provides what you want.

I’d say go for what you want to drive now - you’ll enjoy that constantly for the next few years as opposed to constantly thinking “I wish I could adjust these seats”

The premiere could be worth a premium in years to come but who knows? If so I would doubt it’s going to be a masssive difference - we aren’t talking Ferrari collector cars here

Just my 2p worth
no avatar
User

nyc863

Rank

Non Member

Postby nyc863 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:08 am

I realise both will depreciate but if there is a possible advantage to the “numbered” “premiere” one, it’s a factor, just as the price difference between them is a factor.

You’re right. I don’t particularly want to be reminded every time I reverse park, that a camera would be really handy right now.

Hey did you guys know the infotainment appears to be the same system Suzuki uses just with a minor reskin? and they added CarPlay recently. I wonder if this is a sign it could one day be added.
no avatar
User

timhum

Rank

Non Member

Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:43 pm

Postby timhum » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:32 am

I have PE and have no regrets with regard to the specification. I'm 6' 1" and quite well built; I find the seats are fine and have driven over to Geneva with no comfort problems. Don't forget the seats can be adjusted although they require a spanner. As for the rear camera I don't miss it at all. In my daily driver, a Range Rover Sport, it has sensors and cameras all over the place and because of its size needs them. The Alpine is so small that reversing using the small rear window and mirrors is no problem. I'm not concerned about depreciation but if I was blue would be my colour of choice. In the UK I've seen white cars at lower prices than blue whilst in the future it may well be a little like a Ferrari in that red is the desirable colour, with Alpine it will be blue.
Is there not a PE car that you can try?

Tim
Tim
A110 PE, 2018, Blue.
Jaguar E Type S1, 1965, 4.2l, fhc, Carmen Red.
Triumph TR3a 1960, Red, O/D, Heater!
User

cloudburst

Rank

Non Member

Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:45 pm

Northern Ireland

Postby cloudburst » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:50 am

I have a blue PE and have no comfort problems. I'm 5'6" and love the seats. Recently did a 4 hour run and zero discomfort. Consider the material in the seats as well as the shape.

The wheels are a major difference, but the trim and door panels are a little different on the PE, in case you have a preference. The PE also comes with a cover, coffee table book, model car, USB cable, branded road maps and what-not.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I was told that the PE has slightly different output from the later cars which had to comply with the newer WLTP emissions regulations. Not sure if this is an issue in Oz - or an issue at all really :-)

The only option (I think) I miss in the PE is the front sensors.

Regarding the comment about the infotainment system - I had noted the similarity with the Suzuki system and that the latter has CarPlay. When I subsequently approached my dealer, I was told that the systems in current cars would NOT be upgraded to include CarPlay, however, this would be considered for future models. However, I take most of what I hear from my dealer about the Alpine brand with a major pinch of salt. See the following thread.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9507

CB
Renault 5 Turbo2 (previously) - met. brown
Renaultsport Clio V5 255 (previously) - met. red
Alpine A110 Première Édition - met. blue
no avatar
User

nyc863

Rank

Non Member

Postby nyc863 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:18 pm

Yeah I did drive the PE and the fixed seats felt good. The only thing I might prefer is the option to recline a little when stopped for a while plus I heard the leather trim is good quality.

Another issue I just remembered is the PE is now a 2018 year model and built in 2018 too but the legende is 2019 built. Come some point in the future, on resale; that’s going to be a price difference.

So, still not sure. I may have to toss a coin.
no avatar
User

timhum

Rank

Non Member

Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:43 pm

Postby timhum » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:54 pm

On a car such as this I don't think model year will count for much, all PEs are 2018/19 build and the same spec apart from some late cars with exhaust system emission differences I believe. Get the PE, you won't regret it :D

Tim
Tim
A110 PE, 2018, Blue.
Jaguar E Type S1, 1965, 4.2l, fhc, Carmen Red.
Triumph TR3a 1960, Red, O/D, Heater!
no avatar
User

Gfk

Rank

Non Member

Sat May 18, 2019 3:49 am

Postby Gfk » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:43 am

I bought the PE 30/60 here on the Sunshine Coast and then installed a 10inch slim line focal sub and amp. I looked into the camera but there’s no kit for it yet. I’ve got young kids so it’s important.

Look, the PE here is just an optioned pure with a plaque. For example, it has the silver fusch wheels not the black and silver wheels. The steering wheel is full leather with no Alcantara. It has the blue steering wheel Centre cap. You also get chrome and blue wheel cap covers, luggage net, floor mats.

A word on the seats, I did get a bit of leg pain/discomfort on a 90 drive. Not ideal for long trips, but the racing buckets are so sexy.

I was pondering the same as you. Basically, I wouldn’t get the legend if it was more than the PE. If it was the same price, I’d be tempted purely for the camera.

Ask yourself a question, would you regret not buying the PE or the legend. Then you know what car to get.

Where are you located?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
no avatar
User

nyc863

Rank

Non Member

Postby nyc863 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:05 am

In Sydney so even Sydney Motorsports park is an hour away and 90 minutes to get anywhere uncongested.
no avatar
User

Laikathedog

Rank

Non Member

Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:12 pm

London, uk

Postby Laikathedog » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:21 pm

I put 6k miles on my PE in the alps/pyrenees, doing 6/7 hour days, the most comfortable seats ever... almost... saab 95 was marginally more comfy.
PreviousNext

• Advertisement