no avatar
User

LMS

Rank

Non Member

Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:51 am

A110 first service costs

Postby LMS » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:47 pm

Is anyone willing to let me know likely cost of first service please?
I need it doing in the next month or so but am happy to use another dealer as not really getting any service from mine to be honest
Thank you
no avatar
User

timhum

Rank

Non Member

Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:43 pm

Re: A110 first service costs

Postby timhum » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:56 pm

I was told it was something like £425.00,

Tim
Tim
A110 PE, 2018, Blue.
Jaguar E Type S1, 1965, 4.2l, fhc, Carmen Red.
Triumph TR3a 1960, Red, O/D, Heater!
no avatar
User

LMS

Rank

Non Member

Postby LMS » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:00 am

Many thanks
no avatar
User

jimbobc

Rank

Non Member

Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:00 pm

Postby jimbobc » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:25 pm

As people start having their cars serviced can you please confirm cost and thoughts on dealer. Need to get a few rattles sorted on mine so feedback would be useful thanks.
User

cloudburst

Rank

Non Member

Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:45 pm

Northern Ireland

Postby cloudburst » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:17 am

jimbobc wrote:As people start having their cars serviced can you please confirm cost and thoughts on dealer. Need to get a few rattles sorted on mine so feedback would be useful thanks.

Might be worth starting a dealer feedback thread?

CB
Renault 5 Turbo2 (previously) - met. brown
Renaultsport Clio V5 255 (previously) - met. red
Alpine A110 Première Édition - met. blue
no avatar
User

bcr5784

Rank

Non Member

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:47 pm

Postby bcr5784 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:55 am

timhum wrote:I was told it was something like £425.00,

Tim

Me too - that was London West. Suspect it doesn't include VAT, but not sure.
no avatar
User

timhum

Rank

Non Member

Postby timhum » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:29 pm

First service completed today by Glyn Hopkins, St Albans. Cost was £388.00 inclusive of VAT. Great service, finished on time as promised and courtesy car provided. The service included software upgrade to the R-Link system and checked against the Manufacturer Enhancements database.

Tim
Tim
A110 PE, 2018, Blue.
User

cloudburst

Rank

Non Member

Northern Ireland

Postby cloudburst » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:30 pm

timhum wrote:First service completed today by Glyn Hopkins, St Albans. Cost was £388.00 inclusive of VAT. Great service, finished on time as promised and courtesy car provided. The service included software upgrade to the R-Link system and checked against the Manufacturer Enhancements database.

Tim

Hi Tim, do you happen to know what r-link and other software enhancements were done? Have you noticed any differences or improvements.

I'm getting ready to take my car for its first service and all apart from the service that I've been told about are 5 smallish recall items.

CB
no avatar
User

timhum

Rank

Non Member

Postby timhum » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:19 pm

I've only used the car for a drive home since its service and am now overseas. Initial impressions are that the radio reception seems to be improved. The other work was the various recall items which were checked out on my car and done as needed. I don't know if it was my imagination but it seemed to be performing even better after the service.

Tim
Tim
A110 PE, 2018, Blue.
no avatar
User

bcr5784

Rank

Non Member

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:47 pm

Postby bcr5784 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:44 pm

My first service cost 424 including VAT at London West. A bit more expensive but they didn't charge for fixing a puncture. The big ticket item was labour - £254 + VAT. £56+VAT for oil isn't cheap, but considerably less than Porsche try to charge. I have a lot of confidence in Andy the mechanic there, so I'll probably stick with them. Didn't have the infotainment upgrade - it's apparently only fitted if you have an issue. Apparently it should improve DAB reception and improve the responsiveness of the screen - it's a while you wait upgrade, so I'll probably have it done sometime. One of the (other) fixes I had makes the stop-start work properly (it does). There is also a change to the fueling and gearchange software - but I'm not sure I could detect any improvement.
no avatar
User

LMS

Rank

Non Member

Postby LMS » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:51 pm

My first service cost at Glyn Hopkin is going to be £424- didn't have this link to hand to question them when I booked it in.
let's hope I get my money's worth
User

cloudburst

Rank

Non Member

Northern Ireland

Postby cloudburst » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:37 pm

My first service was done yesterday at Arnold Clark in Glasgow. It cost £354.98 inc VAT. They actually couldn't find any infotainment related update, despite my referring them to Glyn Hopkin who has carried it out for other folk. And although a number of recall work items were done, I'm not sure whether this recent recall re the oil-pressure related solenoid was done. Again, Glyn Hopkins have carried it out on a number of cars - so if it wasn't done for me I will not be a happy bunny - main reason being that there is a ferry trip from Northern Ireland to/from Scotland in my case.

CB
no avatar
User

LMS

Rank

Non Member

Postby LMS » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:37 pm

Alpine Manchester charged me £365 inc Vat

I can highly recommend Alpine Manchester to you all.

I had booked into St Albans for Monday but then found myself in Manchester for a meeting so thought I’d save a journey and cancelled St Albans and booked into Manchester earlier in the week.

The law of sod applied and I found my meeting cancelled- I knew the service/recall time was about 6 hours and so arrived at Alpine Manchester anyway wondering what I was going to do for 6 hours...

Ian, the tech, let me into the Alpine showroom as I was there at 8 and I grabbed a coffee whilst I checked my emails. We had a chat and he then left to get the car onto the ramps.

Ian, who runs the showroom (Alpinemcr on here) came in shortly afterwards and introduced himself. I explained my predicament and he said to make myself at home in the showroom. I’m afraid to say I did and he put up with me for the entire day. My public apologies - nobody should have to put up with me for an entire day.

Ian was a font of knowledge and answered the many questions I had - one that had been bugging me was whether the Alpine hard body cases would fit in the front boot. I’d seen a small photo of what appeared to be two cases in the front at Geneva but three dealers I’d checked with didn’t have them in stock.

Anyway seems the old blue cases are discontinued but Ian had a pair of the new carbon-effect cases already in one of the showroom cars and they fit with room to spare. So there you go - the hard cases do fit.

Ian is genuinely enthusiastic about the cars and was hugely helpful.

Six hours later all done - radio upgrade wasn’t done as there was an issue with the download from Alpine but everything else was done. A rattle I mentioned I had from the front of the dash seems to have been fixed (fingers crossed).
Traffic home was awful so I don’t know what the new injector mapping/gearbox tweaks have done but as bcr notes the manual override on the gearbox is now too long (in my opinion as well). Perhaps French rond-points are smaller than English ones but I, too, found myself having to grab another gear before leaving roundabouts. Hopefully I’ll get used to it or it can be tweaked again in due course.

I’d forgotten to ask them not to clean the car but they did a good job. I’d intended to hoover the interior beforehand but had forgotten. With a gravel drive the inside of the car picks up lots of small stones and I’m sure it was about the weight of a Cayman before they hoovered it ;).

So car now ready for another 12 month’s motoring and I’ll be taking it back to Manchester when I’m in the area for one of their cars/coffee meets.
no avatar
User

LMS

Rank

Non Member

Postby LMS » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:18 pm

Alas forgot to say rattle not fixed. Not the garage's fault as I wanted the car back so they couldn't do an extensive strip down.

The rattle comes from the cheap plastic part of the dash directly under the windscreen- More noticeable in hot weather (preumably as it expands and moves out of place) but reduces once the cabin temp drops. Hopefully can be resolved at next service. Car is still great and the little red button on the steering wheel tends to divert my attention from any foibles.

• Advertisement