User

LMS

Rank

Non Member

Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:51 am

Re: New A110 - Recalls

Postby LMS » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:47 pm

Just booked my car in for service and recalls
Seems there is an additional recall on ingition and gearbox. Apparently that is not a while-you-wait fix. 3.5 hours apparently as they need to download info/send to Alpine/await download
User

cloudburst

Rank

Non Member

Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:45 pm

Northern Ireland

Postby cloudburst » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:40 pm

Yep - that got done to mine yesterday, along with a number of other recall items. There is also a new one related to oil pressure and some solenoid or other. It all seems a bit random. I've only had 2 recall items actually officially documented to me by postal notification - neither of which are the ones we're talking about!

CB
Renault 5 Turbo2 (previously) - met. brown
Renaultsport Clio V5 255 (previously) - met. red
Alpine A110 Première Édition - met. blue
no avatar
User

LMS

Rank

Non Member

Postby LMS » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:01 pm

Thanks CB I’ll let you know how I get on. Was hoping to wait for the car but I can’t hang around for six hours...I hope you don’t have to return for a recall.

The cars are great but someone at Alpine needs to get a grip on the customer comms. We are all on the app presumably so that is the place to be detailing recalls etc. Be nice if we could book servicing via the app as well...
I hope St Albans look after me as I’ll continue to use them in the future.
User

cloudburst

Rank

Non Member

Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:45 pm

Northern Ireland

Postby cloudburst » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:17 pm

Ask for “Paul” at St Albans. He seems really committed doing a proper job. Unusual these days. Yep - the comms in all directions between Alpine, dealers and owners is (for the most part) shocking bad in these days of a supposedly connected world.

CB
Renault 5 Turbo2 (previously) - met. brown
Renaultsport Clio V5 255 (previously) - met. red
Alpine A110 Première Édition - met. blue
User

reprs

Rank

Non Member

Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:59 pm

Postby reprs » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:21 pm

Just had first service at 1 year and 11000 miles.

DAB is still useless despite a software upgrade which took a few days to sort out.

Car went into limp home mode today and red lights flashing up saying Electrical Failure and Brake Failure, STOP etc.

On low loader and back to the dealer in London. Hope nothing too serious and not an ominous sign of Renault electrical issues to come. :(
no avatar
User

bcr5784

Rank

Non Member

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:47 pm

Postby bcr5784 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:07 am

reprs wrote:Just had first service at 1 year and 11000 miles.

DAB is still useless despite a software upgrade which took a few days to sort out.

Car went into limp home mode today and red lights flashing up saying Electrical Failure and Brake Failure, STOP etc.

On low loader and back to the dealer in London. Hope nothing too serious and not an ominous sign of Renault electrical issues to come. :(

Did you notice any improvement in the responsiveness of the touch screen - the software upgrade is supposed to address that too?

I have noticed that another upgrade has changed to the duration of the manual override on the gearbox. Before it didn't last long enough. When, for example, you selected a lower gear for a roundabout, it changed up before you exited the roundabout.

Now it lasts too long! So you override with an upchange - but that means you have to do the next upchange manually and the next and so on. Fortunately if you press the D button twice then it immediately goes into full auto mode.
no avatar
User

LMS

Rank

Non Member

Postby LMS » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:50 am

Sorry to hear that. I’ve heard of one duff alternator causing similar issues.
no avatar
User

LMS

Rank

Non Member

Postby LMS » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:59 am

I've just received a letter from Alpine in respect of the recalls I've already had done. Thanks to this forum and the people I've met through ownership I was aware of this some time ago and have had the recall work done.

It's headed "urgent safety recall information" and refernces, amongst other things, the software update to the oil pressure control valve to prevent, "in rare circumstances, damage to the engine..."

Come on Alpine - get your comms together and send recalls out to us via the App or email.
no avatar
User

Griff500

Rank

Non Member

Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:39 pm

Postby Griff500 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:40 pm

Anybody here had the oil pressure solenoid recall implemented? I just booked mine in and was shocked to find that Alpine Marseille will require the car for 4 or 5 days! This came from a French guy speaking English as a second language, but he definitely said 4 or 5 days, not hours! I'd have thought they could rebuild the engine in that time. Anyone here any experience, or know what the work entails?
no avatar
User

jimbobc

Rank

Non Member

Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:00 pm

Postby jimbobc » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:41 pm

Griff500 wrote:Anybody here had the oil pressure solenoid recall implemented? I just booked mine in and was shocked to find that Alpine Marseille will require the car for 4 or 5 days! This came from a French guy speaking English as a second language, but he definitely said 4 or 5 days, not hours! I'd have thought they could rebuild the engine in that time. Anyone here any experience, or know what the work entails?

Mine was required for 2 days. Apparently they test the oil pressure across different rev ranges. They told me that they spent 9 hours labour on the car to do all recalls and the service.
no avatar
User

LMS

Rank

Non Member

Postby LMS » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:01 pm

Mine was in for 6 hours or so and I believe the solenoid work was done - perhaps it wasn’t required ?
no avatar
User

LMS

Rank

Non Member

Postby LMS » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:07 am

I’ve had the infotainment update done.
Can’t really tell if the DAB is any better I’m afraid as it’s still not great.
An instant effect was that my SD card was no longer read by the system. It recognised the SD but said it didn’t contain music files. Checked it in my Mac and all files present.

I reformatted the card to Fat32 and reinstalled the music and it seems fine.
Other issue is that usb2 slot doesn’t recognise usb thumb drives now but does recognise iPhone.
So advice is - if you are getting an update remove your SD card beforehand
no avatar
User

bcr5784

Rank

Non Member

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:47 pm

Postby bcr5784 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:56 pm

LMS wrote:I’ve had the infotainment update done.
Can’t really tell if the DAB is any better I’m afraid as it’s still not great.
An instant effect was that my SD card was no longer read by the system. It recognised the SD but said it didn’t contain music files. Checked it in my Mac and all files present.

I reformatted the card to Fat32 and reinstalled the music and it seems fine.
Other issue is that usb2 slot doesn’t recognise usb thumb drives now but does recognise iPhone.
So advice is - if you are getting an update remove your SD card beforehand

Apparently there are cars out there where the DAB receiver is connected to the wrong aerial in the windscreen. I wouldn't say that my DAB reception is perfect, but in the areas I've checked (in the M40 corridor mostly) it works reasonably well.
Previous

• Advertisement