Moderators: eastlmark, phildini, BIG_MVS, Alpineandy, Test Moderator

User

JonT

Rank

Non Member

Thu May 30, 2019 3:26 pm

New A110 and TPMS

Postby JonT » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:34 pm

Hi, new member with an A110 Pure on order.

On my other cars I run a second set of wheels/tyres with with winter tyres fitted. I'm considering ordering a second set of wheels for the A110, but I'd forgotten about the TPMS. On my other car (Subaru BRZ) I needed a set of valves specifically programmed to match the existing wheels/tyres since the car won't self-learn.

Does anyone know how the Alpine system works? If I get a set of renault TPMS valves will it self learn when things are swapped over, or do they need programming (in which case I'll have to wait for the car to arrive as it seems easier to clone valve IDs than have to reprogram the car every 6 months).

Alpine have given me a quote for valves and tyres, but it's quite /expensive/ particularly for fitting/programming.

thanks,

Jon
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Re: New A110 and TPMS

Postby stephendell » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:11 am

Will normally need setting up via diagnostic clip if anything like other Renaults.

Generic SnapOn diagnostics work with some Renaults but Alpine could be dealer only.

You must also make sure the sensors batteries are activated before you install them otherwise you’ll have to take the tyres off again.
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
User

JonT

Rank

Non Member

Thu May 30, 2019 3:26 pm

Re: New A110 and TPMS

Postby JonT » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:26 am

Thanks. I've decided to go down a similar route to the BRZ - get some generic sensors cloned to match the values on the wheels that come with the car. Should be least hassle when it comes to swapping them around - I don't want to have to visit a dealer whenever I swap them around as there shouldn't be any reprogramming needed. Means it will be a couple of weeks after the car arrives before I have the winter tyres ready, but if the weather is bad I doubt I'll be wanting to take it out anyway.

• Advertisement