New Alpine A110 owners experiences and photos.

Renault & Alpine General Discussion

Moderators: eastlmark, phildini, BIG_MVS, Alpineandy, Test Moderator

no avatar
User

bcr5784

Rank

Non Member

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:47 pm

Re: New Alpine A110 owners experiences and photos.

Postby bcr5784 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:12 am

[quote="cloudburst"]Finally managed to get a photo of the 'blue glow' as we've discussed. Again, it was when restarting a warm car. I'm pretty sure it must mean something as it survived a further quick test restart, and disappeared after I'd driven only a few car lengths. You can see the 'blue glow' in both normal and sport modes... (For some reason the forum has turned the thumbnails upside down but if you click into the photos, they are the right way up...)

CB

I think I have seen something similar when changing gear. Normally the gearchanges are so fast that the transition passes un- noticed. However just once, on a cold morning with a cold engine, the change was very slow and the appearance on the rev counter was like your picture for a second or so. I can understand that on a cold morning but looking at your rev counter you are up to temperature.
User

JonT

Rank

Non Member

Thu May 30, 2019 3:26 pm

Postby JonT » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:38 pm

I'm sure I've seen it a few times. I suspect it's just animation to give an effect similar to an analogue needle moving between RPMs, rather than the digital display just instantly jumping.
no avatar
User

bcr5784

Rank

Non Member

Postby bcr5784 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:08 pm

JonT wrote:I'm sure I've seen it a few times. I suspect it's just animation to give an effect similar to an analogue needle moving between RPMs, rather than the digital display just instantly jumping.

I'm pretty sure you're right - but to see it that clearly the box must be shifting a lot slower than mine does. To be fair my Porsche box was slow to shift on occasion when new and cold, but not otherwise.
User

cloudburst

Rank

Non Member

Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:45 pm

Northern Ireland

Postby cloudburst » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:26 pm

JonT wrote:I'm sure I've seen it a few times. I suspect it's just animation to give an effect similar to an analogue needle moving between RPMs, rather than the digital display just instantly jumping.

And mines was photographed whilst the car is sitting at rest!

CB
Renault 5 Turbo2 (previously) - met. brown
Renaultsport Clio V5 255 (previously) - met. red
Alpine A110 Première Édition - met. blue
no avatar
User

bcr5784

Rank

Non Member

Postby bcr5784 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:33 pm

cloudburst wrote:

And mines was photographed whilst the car is sitting at rest!

CB

Curiouser and curiouser. The fact that you have apparently selected Reverse may be significant. Have you checked what the other parameters in the telemetrics screens suggest - clutch temperatures and now and next gears for example?
no avatar
User

Mark10

Rank

Non Member

Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:49 pm

Postby Mark10 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:11 pm

If anyone is looking into improving the handling characteristics of their standard car I can thoroughly recommend having a chat to David Pook (former Vehicle Dynamics Engineer in JLRs SVO department and current Alpine A110 owner).

I took my standard Pure to David around 3 months ago and had his geo settings applied. The car was noticeably quicker during turn in and felt even more agile.

Then 2 weeks ago, I sent the car in again to have a set of new custom Eibach springs fitted, manufactured to David’s requirements, swapped out the Fuchs wheels for a set of EVO Corses, which are supplied by Signatech who build the Alpine WEC, A110 GT4, A110 Cup and A110 Rally cars. These are the same wheels that are fitted to the Cup cars. I also had a set of new PS4 tyres in S spec sizes fitted to the wheels.

The result is incredible! The car has been completely transformed. Turn in is now even sharper and the stability is hugely improved, whilst maintaining the magnificent ride. I have only taken it out for a few short runs (before we were asked to stay at home) but it is now a absolute missile down twisty B roads!

I drove a S back to back with a Pure at the Alpine track day at Thruxton last year and came away thinking it would be nice to have a slightly stiffer setup, however I did not want to loose the playful nature of the Pure.

David’s setup has created exactly the characteristics I was hoping to achieve and I think it now looks a lot better too, with a slightly lower stance and the new wheels. I added the black lettering earlier today as a finishing touch.

For anyone looking to improve the handling characteristics of a already fantastic car, I would thoroughly recommend a visit to Spires Tuning and letting David work his magic!

0AD65F9E-9BEA-4B5B-94FE-B1A05469B33F.jpeg

7B21CCE2-DA42-4EE6-8CD4-713C955FB7B1.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
no avatar
User

Clivej

Rank

Non Member

Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:58 am

Postby Clivej » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:23 pm

Sound like a worthwhile set of mods for your Pure - would that be the Life110 referred to in today's online Autocar, Mark?
I love my S, but do find it a bit harsh at lower speeds on bumpy surfaces.
Reckon yours will be a good compromise and also looks great with the Evocorse wheels and better stance too!
Well done.
Cheers, Clive.
no avatar
User

Mark10

Rank

Non Member

Postby Mark10 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:22 am

Clivej wrote:Sound like a worthwhile set of mods for your Pure - would that be the Life110 referred to in today's online Autocar, Mark?
I love my S, but do find it a bit harsh at lower speeds on bumpy surfaces.
Reckon yours will be a good compromise and also looks great with the Evocorse wheels and better stance too!
Well done.
Cheers, Clive.

Hi Clive,

Yes David is the man behind Life110. Interestingly he thinks my car handles even better than his own car which was used for the Autocar test!

Mark
no avatar
User

S111DPC

Rank

Non Member

Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:08 pm

Postby S111DPC » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:23 pm

1AACD39B-E49E-4EF7-98BF-24C966EF8FFD.jpeg
A bit late posting this but I picked up my new A110s last Monday just before the lockdown. Sadly it’s been sat in the garage ever since :down
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
no avatar
User

Mark10

Rank

Non Member

Postby Mark10 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:26 pm

S111DPC wrote:
1AACD39B-E49E-4EF7-98BF-24C966EF8FFD.jpeg
A bit late posting this but I picked up my new A110s last Monday just before the lockdown. Sadly it’s been sat in the garage ever since :down

Lovely spec.

Let’s hope the lockdown does not last too long and we can all get out in our A110s soon.
no avatar
User

SirT

Rank

Non Member

Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:24 am

Postby SirT » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:19 pm

Due to the lockdown my regular car cleaners have closed, so I had to wash the car for the first time in 20 months of ownership.

Lo and behold - I have a cracked windscreen. I had thought I was lucky to have avoided this regular fault in the PE but no, there it was. I emailed my guy at the dealership (no response yet but I guess that's down to the situation).

For those who have had the same fault - is it a straightforward fix by Alpine? - I know it's out of warranty but surely they will honour the fix as it is a known fault?

What do we think?
User

cloudburst

Rank

Non Member

Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:45 pm

Northern Ireland

Postby cloudburst » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:30 pm

Sorry to hear that.

I would think your PE will still be within warranty until mid 2021.

There is plenty of talk on the French FAR forum - https://forum.alpinerenault.com/viewtop ... =Parebrise

Not sure what the latest theories are, but when I last looked, there was talk of rough body seams in the windscreen channel nuisancing the (thinner than most cars) glass.

CB
Renault 5 Turbo2 (previously) - met. brown
Renaultsport Clio V5 255 (previously) - met. red
Alpine A110 Première Édition - met. blue
no avatar
User

SirT

Rank

Non Member

Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:24 am

Postby SirT » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:47 am

Do you know I didn't ever check the guarantee - I just assumed one year, it's not as if they needed to persuade people to buy the car!

Skimming the last page of the FAR forum it seems Alpine have treated it all as a "fair cop guvnor".
no avatar
User

bcr5784

Rank

Non Member

Postby bcr5784 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:26 am

According to my mechanic one guy who has said "he uses the car as intended" has had 3 replacements all under guarantee - but he won't get any more once the warranty runs out. I did see a figure for the cost of the windscreen, can't remember the figure, but struck me as mighty expensive, so I hope they have the problem sorted by now.
User

mettersl

Rank

Non Member

Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:46 pm

Saffron Walden- North Essex

Postby mettersl » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:46 am

If you are in europe, design faults are covered for 24 months under a european directive...if something does not comply to the stated spec.
I'd have thought that a more important issue is Alpine finding a retrofittable long term fix.
PreviousNext

• Advertisement