New Alpine A110 owners experiences and photos.

Renault & Alpine General Discussion

Moderators: eastlmark, phildini, BIG_MVS, Alpineandy, Test Moderator

User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Re: New Alpine A110 owners experiences and photos.

Postby stephendell » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:41 pm

Definitely some people on their third screen now.
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
no avatar
User

nyc863

Rank

Non Member

Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:03 am

Postby nyc863 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:53 am

skid pan report.

although I have racing experience am not a drifter. did a wet skid pan session for fun, and to see. To be honest it was a little frustrating!

The other cars were the usual collection of high torque rwds: amg, bmw m, lexus and a camaro zl1 etc.

The “problem” I had was too much rear grip and light weight. Anyone planting it in a c63, on a wet concrete pan, would instantly have a slow motion heavy pendulum. My a110 from low speed when booted even in wet would squat and grip and add speed which would create understeer almost immediately.

Got it to break loose without gaining unwanted speed with a left right flick technique but then 1st gear would run out of revs - and very easy to get a fast pirouette. Not coordinated enough in the five or six 3 minute attempts to find the paddle and change to 2nd where there is more throttle control. Starting in second had a twin issue of yet more grip time when you boot it, and then the dct might go back to first anyway a little later. (track mode esc off).

The coaches were frustrated, at first they did not believe traction/stability control was fully off, and I was frustrated but because corona they were not allowed fo jump in and show me how beautifully it can be held all around a circle or figure 8

It was surely my lack of talent but I will pretend it was the setup (low speed wet pan) is not ideal for finding the edge in a mid engined car with low polar moment of inertia? yeah thats my story.
User

JonT

Rank

Non Member

Thu May 30, 2019 3:26 pm

Postby JonT » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:48 am

Interesting. Sometimes a tactical lift or left foot break might get a bit more weight onto the front and off the back. Having turbo boost to manage too won't help either. Practice does make a lot of difference - it was very frustrating been shown how agile my BRZ was by an instructor, but I didn't get anywhere near their ability to hold a slide in it (on the low grip surface at Porsche Silverstone).
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:11 pm

Meh...Go Ragnotti or go home :MoreSarc
Previous

• Advertisement